BellaOnline
Posted By: franfran Market City, Sydney - 03/01/10 02:56 AM
Took a few photos here at lunchtime. Market City is located in Haymarket, Sydney's Chinatown above Paddy�s Markets. There are quite a lot of fashion outlets, but there are also the more usual shops you find in shopping centres, such as a supermarket, fish shop, butcher, newsagent and so on. The shopping centre is open seven days a week, but the markets on the ground floor are open Thursday to Saturday only, selling fresh fruit and vegetables in one part, with the rest having stalls that sell almost anything you can think of.....

Posted By: Jim Colyer Re: Market City, Sydney - 03/22/12 10:33 PM
Sydney is the most beautiful city I have ever seen.
Posted By: Judie Quilting Editor Re: Market City, Sydney - 03/29/12 10:54 PM
Oh Jim, I can't help but agree with you. The inner parts of Sydney and around the harbour out to the ocean really is very beautiful. I believe San Fransisco is also a lovely harbour setting.

Unfortunately, with every big city in the world comes the urban sprawl, and there's nothing wonderful about that. Together with the traffic congestion, it makes getting around pretty difficult in most cities.

The beauty of Sydney is that just about every worthwhile tourist site and beautiful spot is situated within the CBD limits or only up to 5-8km away. Great for tourists. You get to use different kinds of transport also - the ferries on the harbour are an experience not to be missed, together with the mono-rail that takes you to Darling Harbour. Walking is very feasible in the CBD of Sydney, most great sites like the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge are within walking distance of most hotels in the CBD.

I spent a couple of days in Sydney recently and we had a day trip to Pittwater, on the northern beaches. I'll write an article about that experience soon, and I'll keep you posted through the newsletter.

Thanks again Jim for your kind words, and I'm sure glad you had a great time.

Cheerio for now
© BellaOnline Forums