BellaOnline
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Relatives immigrating to Australia - 03/13/12 06:14 PM
Less than 24 hours before one branch of our clan leaves the UK to make a life in Oz!
Hi Ian, I wonder how your relatives are settling here? Where are they? I do hope they are not feeling too much like fish out of water.

cheerio for now
They are busy on the Gold Coast looking at cars, houses and jobs at present. Fortunately they have rellies there and set up a good personal network before they came out. The feline member of the family joins them from quarantine on the 15th of this month :->
Update:

Cat arrived safely and is with them having passed through quarantine, the kids love their new school and have made lots of friends. Husband has been taken on by an accounting firm, and the mum his settling in well
Hey Ian, so pleased to hear your news. I'm also glad to hear the kids have settled well into their schools - that is so important. I hope Mum is making friends too!

Cheerio for now
Yes, Carla is doing well on that front. In fact before they left she had been instrumental in setting up a support net via and internet site, and with other people just about to go out.
This is all good news, Ian. Thanks for the update. I am glad to know family and cat are doing well.
October Update:

The kids love the school and Carla and David are working hard to be eligible for a morgage. The cat seems to be doing well and has adapted to her night time curfew. smile
© BellaOnline Forums