BellaOnline
Posted By: Jerzy Kids dance a Russian kozaczok - 03/02/08 10:43 PM
See how Polish kindergarten kids perform a Russian dance and count in English at the same time. The effect is very amusing.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
That's too cute! The boys in the middle look like a cross between a Cossack huddle and a rugby scrum!
Posted By: Jerzy Re: Kids dance a Russian kozaczok - 04/21/08 08:53 PM
Yes, they look gorgeous. And, what`s important, they are really enjoying the dance.

I must say I have always been fond of this kind of music. I think most Poles are. I have more recordings with kids dancing, e.g., to Latino tunes, but they are not as fascinating as kozachok.

The kindergarten dances corroborate certain observation made long ago: Poland has been a cross cultural country which easily adopted best things from Eastern and Western European cultures. And it is still valid today.
That's an interesting point.

I was in Ukraine a few months ago, travelling west into it from Saratov, Russia, and also going across to Lviv. There was such a spread of architecture, language and culture going across, with some definite Polish influences in Lviv. Wish I'd been able to come up into Poland from there, but sadly I didn't have time.
© BellaOnline Forums