BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Southeast Asia - 03/23/11 06:36 PM
Anyone live in Southeast Asia or know about the area?

We would love to hear from you smile
Posted By: Farjana_Environment_Ed Re: Southeast Asia - 05/04/12 11:14 AM
I'm living in this region. Bangladesh is my country. If you look on the world map you'll find it in between India and Myanmar.It was under Mughal rule from 1526 to 1858. From 1858 to 1948 it was under British rule.From 1948 to 1971 it was under Pakistan rule. From 1971 It has got the name Bangladesh. The whole world supported Bangladesh.

American poet Allen Ginsberg visited the country to watch the massacre done by Pakistan armed force in the name of Islam and wrote a heart touching poem " September On Jessore Road". If you google you'll find the poem and understand that cruel situation. My grandfather was also a freedom fighter and martyr. Regional manager of shoe company Bata fought with us, spy on Pakistan Armed force, trained the mass people to fight. Like him many people around the world helped us, such as concert of Gorge Harrison ( member of the band Beetles). His song "Bangladesh" became world famous. We remember them every year.

Bangladesh has the biggest sea beach in the world. And we have a very versatile culture. The big celebration is the first day of Bengali new year. I'll post some pictures of our country and the celebrations on my facebook.

If you want to know more about the country let me know, I'll be very happy.

Other countries of South Asia is Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Srilanka and Maldives. All the counties have amazing places to visit.
© BellaOnline Forums