BellaOnline
Posted By: Robin - Fragrance Editor Halloween - The smells - 08/16/08 05:13 PM
Halloween is almost around the corner!!

I cannot wait to smell all the Halloween goodies...the candy corn, the cinnamon on the candy apples, the chocolate, etc...

The party food......like deviled eggs upside down with licorice sticks for tails and two cloves for eyes (mice). I love the smell (and taste) of eggs.

The candles in the fragrances of autumn leaves, apples, candy corn, pumpkin.........

What do you like at Halloween?
Posted By: Adoption Editor Re: Halloween - The smells - 08/16/08 07:05 PM
All of the above! Also, I love the smell of fall weather.

One year we had a smell that wasn't so great.
We (ok, I) had too many extension cords plugged into our outdoor outlet--we go a bit overboard with outdoor Halloween decorations, needless to say. grin

Thank goodness nothing caught on fire, but we did have an unpleasant smell of smoke for a few minutes. Not unpleasant enough for us to stop putting decorations up, but enough to have an electrician come out and tell us exactly how many decorations we could have plugged into each outlet.

While he was there, we decided to go ahead and go over our outdoor Christmas decoration plan as well. smile

Back to more pleasant Halloween fragrances, I also love apple cider simmering on the stove. It fills the house with the most wonderful smell!

My ultimate favorite Halloween smell, I have to admit, is a huge bowl of candy that I have a legitimate reason to have sitting in front of me. Granted, I�ve been good in the years past, and only purchased candy that I didn�t like.

The smell was still there, but since it was candy I didn't like the taste or smell at all...let's just say the kids got lots more candy that year! laugh
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Halloween - The smells - 08/16/08 09:28 PM
I went to the store today and they have Halloween stuff out already The best part of Halloween, the Candy I buy it but i don't give it out my neighborhood just isn't safe. So i eat all the candy ;o)
Posted By: LadyLvsNyt Re: Halloween - The smells - 08/16/08 11:37 PM
I love to smell the apples--not the fresh green ones (which I do like but in the late Summer like now)--the ripe red ones! And caramel!
Ravyn
Posted By: Drake Wayne Re: Halloween - The smells - 08/22/08 05:42 AM
Fragrance of strawberry is awesome.
I also like that of apple.
Posted By: Robin - Fragrance Editor Re: Halloween - The smells - 08/28/08 08:34 AM
I forgot - like Brandii said - apple cider simmering on the stove. I can take the smell of it warm - or cold!
Posted By: LadyLvsNyt Re: Halloween - The smells - 08/28/08 01:59 PM
I love the smell of fallen oak leaves after a warm rain--earthy and pungent. I walk the dog and we crush them and they mingle with the pine on the edge of the yard--mmmm, especially if the air is crisp and cooled from the rain. I also love that "ionized" smell after a rain.
Ravyn
© BellaOnline Forums