BellaOnline
Posted By: Annie_thornbird Surviving the Summer - 06/22/14 06:06 PM
This is my first summer with my step son and he is making me crazy! Last summer his father and I weren't married and I was only around for a short time but he was fun. This summer is proving to be a challenge. He is 10 and lies about anything and everything. He hates everything, thinks terrible things happening to people is funny. He says everything is dumb and straight up tells me if I cook something he doesn't like that it's disgusting. He hoped his dad would roll my fingers up in the car window so I would have to stay outside all night. I've been as nice as I can be but I've had enough. How on earth do step parents do this? As awful as this sounds I can't wait for the summer to be over and he goes back to his mothers.
Posted By: Sadhana ~ Indian Food Re: Surviving the Summer - 06/22/14 08:54 PM
Wow, he needs routine, discipline & to also learn respect --> enroll him in a local karate or tae kwon do summer boot camp, that will teach him respect & curb that nasty attitude of his. He also seems to have some serious anger issues towards you, an hour a week with a child psychologist/therapist to work through those issues may help as well.

Good Luck :-)
Posted By: Annie_thornbird Re: Surviving the Summer - 06/22/14 09:46 PM
If he were here full time he would be enrolled in activities as well as one on one counseling. He is only here this summer until July 5th. I feel so guilty because I can't wait but it's hard for his dad when he's gone. All of his negativity is dragging me down too. :(
© BellaOnline Forums