BellaOnline
Posted By: MT - Vision Issues Eating for your eyes - 08/05/10 03:16 PM
Did you eat all your carrots?

Eating for your eyes health
Do carrots help you see in the dark?
Posted By: kelly0403 Re: Eating for your eyes - 06/28/11 07:05 AM
Eat a lot of green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits as well.
Posted By: Dace Re: Eating for your eyes - 06/29/11 11:31 AM
As important as proper food the eyes need to exercise because muscles weaken and spoil the vision.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Eating for your eyes - 07/13/11 07:46 PM
I read a book by The Green Smoothie Girl and she said she ate about 2 cups of spinach in her green smoothie for several years and her eyesight went to 20/20 after she'd worn glasses before. It isn't an instant cure but I've been trying it.
Posted By: Sandy / Cocktails Editor Re: Eating for your eyes - 07/13/11 08:56 PM
Just had an eye exam with a new ophthalmologist. He asked me about my diet. It's always been healthy and I told him so. He said he could tell, because my eyes were in outstanding shape for my age (55). Do need glasses, though, because of refraction issues from surgeries I had in the 80s. I asked him what I'd been doing right, as far as diet and my eyes go. He said continue to eat lots of dark green leafy veggies, such as cale, collard / mustard greens, spinach, and cold water fish (for the omega 3s and 6s). Didn't mention carrots specifically but I love 'em and will keep scarfing 'em down.

Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:09 PM
I eat lots of carrots! Glad to find out more items to eat for improving eye health such as; dark green leafy vegetables.
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:15 PM
Great job keeping your eyes healthy! Thanks for the information about types of foods to eat for good eye health.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:17 PM
I eat those foods every single day (especially dark leafy greens and carrots) and feel like my eyesight is getting worst bcz of working on computer all day. Are there any supplements that can help with eyesight too?
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:23 PM
Interesting information about spinach and eye health. I am not much of a spinach eater but love eating other types of green leafy vegetables. I like to buy the ceasar's salad kits as a method of getting my dark green leafy vegetables. Thanks for the interesting post.
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:34 PM
Thanks for your response! I try to eat a balanced diet and exercise. I find variety helps me to eat well and asure I get the essentials every day.
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:45 PM
Locating a glare reduction screen is a good method for reducing eye strain while working on a computer. I use shades produced with a specific color combination which works best for my eye condition when on the computer. Best way to discover what works is to have an eye doctor complete a study to find out colors and darkness level is best for each persons eye situation. Best of Luck!
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: Eating for your eyes - 12/28/11 03:58 PM
Thanks for the interesting post. Exercising the eyes is something I do not think about much. I guess just using your eyes to do every day things is what I call exercising them but your right there is probably other important exercises to help keep eye muscles healthy. Do you have any suggestions for exercises I should do?
Posted By: Jilly Re: Eating for your eyes - 01/03/12 07:57 PM
Sandy I wanted to repost what you wrote here as a reminder to myself :

"I asked him what I'd been doing right, as far as diet and my eyes go. He said continue to eat lots of dark green leafy veggies, such as cale, collard / mustard greens, spinach, and cold water fish (for the omega 3s and 6s)."

What is nice is that those are winter greens, so i can grow them all the time. Does tuna count?
© BellaOnline Forums