BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley When was you last eye exam? - 11/21/11 01:20 PM
Hi Bella Family:

I am way over due for my "yearly" visit to the Vision Center at any local Walmart that I happen to be living by. Yes, they have some awesome deals on both the exam and glasses if needed. I have some old bifocals and thinking I may be needing trifocals at age 53 due to using the computer at work 90% of my day.

Now your turn smile
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: When was you last eye exam? - 12/12/11 12:56 PM
Angela, Did you get new glasses
Been 3 yrs since my last exam
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: When was you last eye exam? - 12/12/11 04:11 PM
Hi Rosie:

Nope, need NEW ones like 2 or 3 years ago.

My main focus when I do go now is to check for eye diseases to avoid becoming blind. That alone has kept me going in spite of hating dealing with Walmart and the cost.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing - much APPRECIATED and tell Aisa I said hey easter
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: When was you last eye exam? - 12/28/11 04:26 PM
Hi, Angela Thanks for your forum about a very important topic. Yearly eye exams are very important especially, after age 40. The hassle is not nearly as big of a deal as having to deal with vision loss. I look at it as better safe than sorry. Finding a regular eye doctor and staying with that doctor helps with the hassle and you develop a eye history which helps in future decisions about eye situations. Bite the bullet and have a yearly exam. Thanks again for the topic thread. Best of Luck! Special note: Glare reduction screens for your computer is a great way to reduce eye strain from working on a computer for long time periods.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: When was you last eye exam? - 12/28/11 04:35 PM
Hi Dean:

LOL, this is not my forum, I am a regular poster smile
Posted By: Dean - Vision Issues Re: When was you last eye exam? - 12/28/11 04:44 PM
Hi, Rosie. Yearly eye exams are very important especially, after age 40. I follow the quote; "Better safe than sorry!" Being visually impaired makes the point for me to encourage others to make an effort to protect their vision. The best way to protect your vision is to have your vision tested at least, one time a year. It's a good idea to find a regular eye doctor who will keep records of your eye exams which helps a great deal in future decisions about your eye situations. I am not trying to scare you but just be a reminder that it is easier to have one eye exam that may help reduce future eye problems than to wait until there is nothing that can be done to help. Just a thought! Best of luck to you.
Posted By: Jilly Re: When was you last eye exam? - 01/02/12 08:27 PM
It's been five years. I need to go. I am kind of afraid of that puff test. How does that feel? I am really weird about anything touching my eyes.

Also do i need to have someone drive me - they dilate your pupils, right?

How much do the walmart exams costs? What is the cheapest option?
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: When was you last eye exam? - 01/03/12 01:53 PM
Hi Jilly:

The puff test, hmmmm - are you talking about when they blow air into your eyes? Yikes, it has been so long since I went for one I have forgotten. Sorry frown

Eye Dilation - yes. I am now taking the bus, but I think you can drive as long as you wear the shades they give you to wear and wait until you can see. But check with them first before having it done. Good question.

Do you have anything through the state with you getting food stamps? If yes, that would be the cheapest route - sometimes free or reduced.

To be honest, I don't know what WalMart is now charging - they have several specials throughout the year - so check out what your local one is doing.

I am sure our EXPERT Dean will have some more words of wisdom to add...
Posted By: Jilly Re: When was you last eye exam? - 01/03/12 07:14 PM
I don't have the food stamps yet - still working on that. I tend to get bogged down in the paperwork. frown

Okay, I will write in my calendar to look into Walmart eye exam specials....done! Wheee!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: When was you last eye exam? - 01/04/12 06:01 PM
Here it is all online and telephone, no more "face to face" interaction. Guess they got too busy and under budget.
© BellaOnline Forums