BellaOnline
Posted By: kelkel86 Miscarriage happening now? - 08/02/11 08:19 PM
Hi all. I'm hoping someone who has been through something similar can maybe give me some answers. I found out I was pregnant this past Friday (it is now tuesday). My period was only a few days late so I suspect I'm not very far along. I can't get in to the doctor until next week, so really I have no clue what's going on. The same day I took the HPT, I started spotting. I read online that spotting is normal in early pregnancy due to implantation bleeding, so I didn't think too much about it. The bleeding has continued everyday since. I've passed a few tiny clots but nothing major. My breasts are hardly sore at all anymore (they were EXTREMELY sore and sensitive before the spotting) and I don't feel pregnant anymore. Yesterday I started cramping in my lower stomach and my lower back. I'm still cramping and spotting. It's a little more than normal period cramps, but nothing to intense. I've slept on a heating pad the past few nights. Here's the thing. I'm 25 years old and have suffered from anorexia for the past several years. My current BMI is 16 (healthy is 18.5 and above). However, I've never lost my periods even at my lowest weight. And unfortunately I'm a heavy smoker and since I didn't know I was pregnant until after my missed period, I smoked while pregnant. My husband and I were not trying to conceive, so I was not prepared. I know the only way to know for sure is at the doctor, but since I have to wait I was just hoping maybe someone could help? Any words would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: SherrieK Re: Miscarriage happening now? - 08/14/11 11:08 PM
I completely understand how difficult this is for you. Doctors say that it is normal to spot when you are pregnant due to implantation. Stranger things have happened to where some may have spotting throughout the pregnancy. It could be possible that the pregnancy itself did not take. I have lots of experience in this I had 9 miscarriages in 9 years I would go on for periods of not getting pregnant at all and visited many emergency rooms. I knew when I was miscarrying it was usually when I found out and started bleeding. Miraculously, after all my miscarriages I had two successful pregnancies with no spotting or bleeding at all. If the bleeding continues follow up with your doctor. You could be experiencing a miscarriage. Miscarriages are high in the first three months then it drops after that. I wish the best for you and I hope everything works out.
© BellaOnline Forums