BellaOnline
Posted By: leahmullen Time Saving Tips - 09/29/09 11:17 PM
Time is a resource we all have in equal quantities. There are only 24 hours in a day for everyone, so it's best to use the time we have to our advantage. Here are some handy tips to keep in mind throughout your busy day.

Manage Yourself in No Time
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Time Saving Tips - 10/01/09 10:40 PM
Here's a time saving tip.

I love "googling" people. I'll think of a writer, or read a news story in the paper and I'll jump online to read more information. While there's nothing wrong with information, this can take time away from other projects I need to be working on. So what I do now is to keep a running list which I call "web searches I'll do later."

So when I get the urge to google someone or something I instead put it on that list. And I go through the list when I really do have free time instead of when I really should be working on something else. This can save up to a half hour or more a day!
Posted By: Locust Re: Time Saving Tips - 11/26/09 12:16 AM
great!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Time Saving Tips - 11/30/09 09:50 PM
Hi Locust,

I broke this rule this morning. When I turned on the computer there was a news story I just couldn't resist, so I read it right then and there. But I do try to keep these kinds of distractions to a minimum. Unless it's news that relates to my work, it can wait a few hours or a few days.
Posted By: MarkLehman Re: Time Saving Tips - 06/24/10 11:43 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing. Lehman.
Posted By: juicy couture Re: Time Saving Tips - 06/26/10 01:57 AM
Yeah,you got the right idea,but it is difficult for us to save times.We will try it.haha
Posted By: detroitcharity Re: Time Saving Tips - 07/14/10 03:32 PM
procrastination is the enemy of time management. Yet, it runs my life!
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Time Saving Tips - 07/27/10 02:08 AM
Has anyone read "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy? It's excellent and mercifully short. I recommend it highly for those of us who struggle with Time Management issues and procrastination.
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: Time Saving Tips - 07/27/10 02:11 PM
I love Eat that Frog, Leah! In fact, I reviewed it for the Small Office/Home Office site: Eat The Frog Book Review

I read a lot of Brian Tracy, his writing style is warm and funny but sensible and smart.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Time Saving Tips - 08/10/10 01:50 AM
I also use Eat the Frog - the iphone app.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Time Saving Tips - 08/26/10 07:57 AM
For those who don't know, eating the frog is about doing the worst thing on your list first. That way you get it out of the way, you have a great sense of accomplishment, and it's not 'weighing on you' for the rest of your day!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Time Saving Tips - 08/29/10 11:34 PM
I admit i do have a very hard time with the frogs. I prefer to 'ease' my way into work with the easy, pleasant stuff, and see if i can get into a 'groove' of work-mode. In the groove, i am good at tackling the harder stuff.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Time Saving Tips - 08/29/10 11:39 PM
That is very true, Jilly, that it can just be too overwhelming sometimes to tackle something really challenging first thing in the morning. I know I need to wake up a bit before I do difficult coding projects. So I suppose it's all about balance!
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Time Saving Tips - 10/13/13 09:57 PM
I didn’t “eat my frog” (work on my most intimidating, time consuming projects) first thing this morning. I’m writing an article about coping with disappointment and a term paper on substance abuse for a class. Instead of working on these things this morning, I waited until this evening.

As a result I STRUGGLED through two hours of writing just now. So different from a few days ago when I started my day with working on both and it was pure joy.

Ahhh…you live and learn!

Get Up Early
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Time Saving Tips - 10/15/13 12:24 AM
Well this morning something interesting happened, I started to eat my “frog” by working on my term paper for about 20 minutes or so, but then I had to stop to take care of some other things.

When I got back to the paper this evening, it wasn’t as much of a struggle as it was the day before yesterday when I didn’t start on it all until that night.

So moral of the story if you can’t eat the whole frog in the morning, at least take a bite.
© BellaOnline Forums