BellaOnline
Posted By: leahmullen Be Grateful It's Good For You! - 03/27/09 09:13 PM
A study conducted by Psychologists Robert A. Emmons and Michael E. McCullough revealed that when compared to those who focused on the negative aspects of life, people who received �daily gratitude intervention� tended to be more alert, enthusiastic and optimistic.

Grateful people also reported fewer physical ailments and were more willing to help others.

Posted By: Angie Re: Be Grateful It's Good For You! - 03/28/09 12:34 AM
I think that is so true. People who are in tune to others and causes are remarkable and stay young.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Be Grateful It's Good For You! - 12/31/15 03:12 PM
It is true and I know this but when your life is just negative then it is harder to focus on the positive since there are none. I have started to work on myself and this is something I want to incorporate back in my life. I do have the Dallas Stars (thanks to them im still alive) so I focus on them and everything else that makes me happy (nature + music + movies + a few other things). When (or if) what I am doing starts working out then I will have positives in my life and I will focus on that. I also sometimes can tune out the negativity, it is hard and when I'm able to do it is not for long but at least it's doable and if I keep at it I will be able to tune out more negativity.
© BellaOnline Forums