BellaOnline
Posted By: LML I Am Legend - 03/25/08 04:46 PM
I recently reviewed Matheson's novella (my review) and watched the DVD over the long weekend. I have to say I was very disappointed by the ending. I just watched the alternative ending and WOW. It's so much better. I think it keeps more with Matheson's story (although overall the movie does differ in significant ways) I found it on You Tube if you haven't seen this ending yet.

What do you think?
Posted By: Joan541 Re: I Am Legend - 03/25/08 05:06 PM
I read a review of the movie that said it was too real and that made it depressing. Did you think it was depressing?

Not sure I wanted to see it after I read that review.
Posted By: LML Re: I Am Legend - 03/25/08 10:38 PM
I didn't think it was depressing really. I could see where it would seem plausible though I doubt we'd see any vampires if there was an outbreak like the movie.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: I Am Legend - 12/05/16 12:07 AM
I much prefer the theatrical ending. As for the book I read all the short stories and was keeping that one for later because I was kind of obsessed with the movie (its an average movie - maybe its a mix of the dog and me wanting to be the only human being alive and the alternate ending i hated that made me think about it so much - also thought that he did not care about his dog but the more i watched again the more i picked up things that he did care about her) so I was just watching the parts with Robert and Samantha once in a while with a DVD that I got as a gift but never got to it before the fire but I really want to read it one day (not "obsessed" with that movie anymore).
© BellaOnline Forums