BellaOnline
Posted By: LML Game of Thrones - 04/20/11 04:57 PM
Anyone else watching A Game of Thrones on HBO? So far I think they're doing a good job of following the book (of course there's only been one episode aired so far)
Posted By: Peter - Wine Re: Game of Thrones - 04/20/11 05:29 PM
Not read the books...

It is a bit confusing working out who all the people are, and what their relationships are -- and where they are.
Posted By: LML Re: Game of Thrones - 05/10/11 08:20 PM
Yes, even I get a little confused and I have read all the books. I'm thinking of writing a who's who article to help me remember.
Posted By: Amy - Romance Movies Re: Game of Thrones - 08/11/11 07:09 PM
As I was watching it, I found it to be faithful to the story... though sometimes a little more nudity than I needed...

I wondered if those that hadn't read the books would be able to follow it. The casting was very good, though Ned, Robert and Catelyn are a little older than they should be - Cersei is about the right age.

I'm impatiently waiting for my husband to finish the new book so I can dig my fingers into it.
Posted By: thomas86 Re: Game of Thrones - 10/04/11 11:04 PM
The show and book are PHENOMENAL. I heard that they're gonna make the 3rd book into two seasons of the TV show... any truth to this?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Game of Thrones - 01/07/12 07:46 PM
I recently got the book, and I'm really excited to start it!
Posted By: Carolyn Golden Re: Game of Thrones - 11/21/12 06:50 PM
I liked how HBO tackled some of the translation problems between the books and the screen - Like having Arya work for Tywin Lannister which was not in the books but was a great way to get us closer to his character. Those books are the best - I have never finished a series of books and then immediately started to read them over again but that was the case with these books - there is so much info that you can't process it all in 1 reading!
Posted By: Anthropomorphic Re: Game of Thrones - 12/10/12 11:08 AM
I think that its a great representation of how a great book can be adapted into a great TV series ( not just a movie!).
Posted By: upupandaway Re: Game of Thrones - 02/19/13 10:08 AM
It started out remarkably close to the books, but I think they'll have to start deviating soon. I jsut can't see how they'll make a strict to the book form work on a live-action TV show.
© BellaOnline Forums