BellaOnline
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych When to cut the grass? - 11/24/10 08:25 AM
This may seem a very basic question, but due to the weather here in the UK 'tis the season of soft squelchy lawn, or brittle frozen one. The first may get ripped out of the ground by the mower, and I'm not sure what would happen if I cut it when it was frozen. Any ideas?
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: When to cut the grass? - 12/08/10 08:47 AM
We stop cutting our lawns when the first frost hits -- and we never cut it when it is wet. Cutting the grass during the cold seasons will kill most if not all of the lawn. The extra growth on the surface will protect the roots down below during the winter months. The grass will not grow much during the winter anyway.
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: When to cut the grass? - 12/08/10 10:53 PM
Eventually I had to cut it because of the new dog. All seems to be OK so far, but then it doesn't get as cold as the US's continental climate. Will let you know know how it does next spring
Posted By: goldentony111 Re: When to cut the grass? - 10/30/11 03:35 PM
every winter and summer for me
Posted By: JOY (Self Development) Re: When to cut the grass? - 10/30/11 04:32 PM

Hi Ian, a gardener once told me that you should cut the grass until mid-Oct and then start again in March. But that is just in the UK... (JOY)
© BellaOnline Forums