BellaOnline
Posted By: Carol - English Garden English Bulbs - 10/07/08 11:52 PM
What bulbs would you plant now to create an English Garden?
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: English Bulbs - 10/10/08 04:36 PM
Hello Carol and welcome. Glad you've come aboard. An English Garden is not my forte but it is for my mom (up north). She always has the most beautiful garden that imitates the look of an English cottage garden. There are bulbs in containers that give a display of awe in their wintry temperatures upnorth Ill. and in ground such as: narcissus, ranunculus, snowdrops, allium, muscari and don't forget the blood red tulips constrasted by the deep golden yellow ones portrayed as they welcome you up the driveway. And, Carol, to bring it all into play, is the beatiful sway of grass covered with snow amongst the most beautifully iced tree limbs you've ever seen. If that isn't enough there's sculptures of deer and mother swans with baby ducklings following behind. Yes, its a show needing to be put into a magazine.

I miss home during the winter months here in Texas (where I live we never see snow), but to go down memory lane is such a joy. Thanks for the inquiry in creating a nostalgic moment for me today. Bye and happy harvest.

Be sure to stop in sometime.
Posted By: Carol - English Garden Re: English Bulbs - 10/12/08 05:43 PM
Hello Kimberly, and thanks for the beautifully poetic reply! I'm happy to join you and all the other editors here at BellaOnline.

I'm also looking forward to hearing from everyone about what they'd like to discuss here at the English Garden forum of BellaOnline.

Carol
Posted By: gardenplanters Re: English Bulbs - 07/11/09 12:56 PM
Hello Carol and welcome. There are bulbs in containers that give a display of awe in their wintry temperatures upnorth Ill. and in ground such as: narcissus, ranunculus, snowdrops, allium, muscari and don't forget the blood red tulips constrasted by the deep golden yellow ones portrayed as they welcome you up the driveway. And, Carol, to bring it all into play, is the beatiful sway of grass covered with snow amongst the most beautifully iced tree limbs you've ever seen. If that isn't enough there's sculptures of deer and mother swans with baby ducklings following behind.
© BellaOnline Forums