BellaOnline
Posted By: SheriAnnRicherson How delightful - camellias! - 02/20/08 08:59 PM
I just love them and did find one that has survived here in Indiana outside over the winter. It was one of the new ones from Monrovia. I had four but only one made it. I lost the tag outside but once it blooms I can compare it to the tags I removed and kept in a folder so I know what it is.

It has buds so hopefully this spring I can identify it! This will be its second winter here.

Sheri
Posted By: English_Garden Re: How delightful - camellias! - 02/26/08 06:35 PM
It is a really good idea to keep all your tags.
You have much colder winters than here - my camellia which I'd had four years now is about 5ft high and has loads of bright red flowers on each year is planted in the most sheltered spot I could find and has the house wall protecting it from the east winds and morning sunlight.

Camellias are very beautiful and the blossoms used to be worn to balls and the theatre by ladies in Victorian times but nowadays only seem to be seen in gardens.

Hellie

Posted By: gardenplanters Re: How delightful - camellias! - 07/11/09 12:58 PM
Welcome to Gardenplanters. Camellias are very beautiful and the blossoms used to be worn to balls and the theatre by ladies in Victorian times but nowadays only seem to be seen in gardens.you can visit here Gardenplanters.com good luck..
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: How delightful - camellias! - 07/11/09 03:39 PM
Camellias also can be made into tea!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Eitor
Posted By: Sarina Re: How delightful - camellias! - 05/03/10 04:55 PM
@ mary tea1- wow! I have come to know about it for the first time! Will you please post the recipe?
© BellaOnline Forums