BellaOnline
The New Year is fast approaching. Resolutions are bound to be made by many. Lots of people focus on getting organized, some on losing weight, others on saving money.

No matter what the resolution, being organized can help you reach your goal.

Will you make any resolutions? If so, what will they be?

Do you have a plan for making them happen? (This makes me think of the adage failing to plan is planning to fail.)

Nope, never keep them frown
Posted By: Jilly Re: New Year's Resolutions: Do you make any? - 12/18/11 05:34 AM
I am going to stick to my Seasonal Goals. It's the only way i seem to make any headway. smile
What works for me are DAILY goals.
I don't make special New Year's Resolutions - I focus on my long term goals (5+ years), then 1 year goals to head in that direction, then the short term ones to actually work on. The long term goals help ensure I'm "moving in the right direction" as do the 1 year ones. But the short term goals are the ones I actually implement.

I'm so pleased that my first 3 books are published. That has been a goal for a long time, and it was only by setting a firm date that it got done. Those firm dates saved me.

I am also almost a senior in my college courses. One more term (the upcoming winter one) and I cross into senior status. That is also amazing! It was not long ago that I began that process, here in these forums.

So setting long term goals are great for getting you looking in a direction, and then the short term goals guide each step.
Posted By: Jilly Re: New Year's Resolutions: Do you make any? - 12/21/11 12:35 AM
Big congrats Lisa on getting so far! You've been a dedicated student. I bet you will be glad to get your own time back, though.

I have found that I can't do the year long or five year goals, mainly because I am still living in crisis mode.

I look forward to the moment i can get these applications and such off my plate, so I may be ready to set year-length and five year goals. I have to maintain focus right now with only looking 3-4 months ahead at a time.

This is a good thing, though! I can see that maybe come summer/Fall I will be moving out of crisis mode? YAY, hopefully.
I do but then I forget about them as the weeks go by. One of last year's resolutions was to try something new every day. Well, that wasn't a reasonable goal, was it? Looking back, I DID manage to experience something new at least once a month though.

I will be more thoughtful about my resolutions for 2012.
Posted By: Jilly Re: New Year's Resolutions: Do you make any? - 12/21/11 01:19 AM
Lori, I think once a month is a fair goal for trying new things!
Yes, I think I will keep that track of that one! smile

For 2012, I want to focus on completion. I have a lot of tasks (books, projects, etc.) that are unfinished.
Dear Jilly -

Rather than thinking about long term goals being concrete, think of them as being directions to head in. So yours could be

Be secure financially
Go hiking / kayaking monthly
Have an organized house
Read a fun book each month
Have health issues managed

Something like that so when you do your short term lists you say to yourself, hey, look, these are heading me towards my life goals!
Posted By: Jilly Re: New Year's Resolutions: Do you make any? - 12/22/11 02:31 AM
Yeah, I appreciate the thought. I can't wrap my brain around these kind of enjoyable things until these priorities are done:

-All four cats spayed (should be done by end of Feb)
-Food Stamps (hopefully will apply once again in early Jan and get the food stamps in feb)
-Disability Income (applying in early jan; who knows when will go through)
-Fix civil court ticket (a new fun thing that popped up while trying to take care of my trailer situation)
-Apply again with NACOG

I do have a behavioral worker i am now meeting each week to work on the home organizing, so that is mentally helpful. And the garden is done for the year. All other tasks are non-immediate.

Every time I try to think past that I just go into a rutted mind track. I am totally content to wait until these things are put to bed before doing other things.

This post is repeating i think what I am saying in the Seasonal Goals thread. smile
-

Dear Jilly -

That's wonderful that you have someone to help you with your progress! You're doing quite well.
Posted By: Jilly Re: New Year's Resolutions: Do you make any? - 01/01/12 01:18 AM
Thank you!

I have this one as far as I can go on my end at this time:
-Fix civil court ticket (a new fun thing that popped up while trying to take care of my trailer situation)

Now I need to wait on the judge to write me back.

Also, this week i will fax in my second voucher for Meimei's spay and get that done swiftly. Hopefully in the first week of Jan I will send it and they will call me back, and I will make the appointment.

Then in the second week it will be done. At that point, I need to go to The Village of Oak Creek to get the neuter applications for the boys.

I think I will work on the disability app with my case manager the first week of jan. I need to check and see if that is on Wed or Friday.

Getting closer!
You are making great progress - nicely done!
Posted By: Jilly Re: New Year's Resolutions: Do you make any? - 01/08/12 03:02 AM
Update: I have the voucher for MeiMei and am bringing her for her spay on monday.

I also heard back from the court and they want to see some proofs of registration and receipts from fixing the trailer.

So next wed when I see my case manager we will send those in, and then start to look at what I am not doing right with my food stamps applications. I think I am not showing proper proof of income.
© BellaOnline Forums