BellaOnline
Posted By: Lady Bug Do Younger Men Like To Date Older Women? - 08/21/10 06:59 PM
I am wondering if any older women have date younge men. How it goes?
It all depends on how much older and what phase of life you are in. I dated a man who was 6 years younger than me. He was 26 and I was 32. We got along very well, had much in common and never felt the age difference. Oddly, the reason we stopped dating is that he wanted children and I really didn't. We are still friends to this day. I am married and he is soon to be in December. I'm invited to the wedding. :-) I actually personally know two older couples where the woman is 20+ years older than the man. Can't truly figure either of those out, but it's working for them so far. All parties are far past bearing or raising kids. So, it's really all about them. I just think your wants have to line up. If you are the older woman, just be careful as there is a trend of younger guys trying to "bag a cougar" just to say they did.
I have been on both ends. Dated guys 12-14 yr older and younger guys too.

Biggest difference for me was me 29 and him 18, me 29 him 22. I was right on the verge of turning 30 but for some reason could not find fun guys my age. My last two boyfriends have been 3 and 2 years younger so that kind of doesn't count.

I think it depends how mature the guy is and how young you feel.
Now at 40 I could not see myself with a guy half my age or even 10 years younger ever.
I agree that with the young guys (before they've had children), it's usually more about "bagging a cougar." Every time I've been out in the past 15 years, I've had lots of young guys hit on me. I've told them, "I'm old enough to be your mother!" and the say they don't care!

The reason they don't care is that they aren't looking for a soulmate in me--they're looking for a bed mate! It's a thrill for them to be with an experienced older woman. But when they get mature enough to want a family, they'll be looking for someone younger. I had my heart broken by one about 10 years ago--should've known better. I just let my hormones think for me. (Duh!)

So guard you're heart, ladies! They're tempting, but they're dangerous!
Hey Friendlygal,

Both of my husbands were considerably younger. There are some that are just out for the benefits. It's like a younger woman dating older guys - some just feel more comfortable with people older then themselves.
"Do younger men like to date older women?"

If they do I would like to know where they are. I am happy with my single life, but there are times when I would like to be with someone who is intelligent, likes long conversations, is a gentleman and fun to be with.

Guys my age and older are either killing themselves trying to be so active in sports and trying to prove they are able to keep up with younger women or just doddering around and have no interests other than their medicines.
There are probably more young guys who just want to bag a cougar than young guys who actually want to get serious with an older woman.

The whole Samantha & Smith romance that was portrayed on Sex and The City looks great but is probably not so realistic.

My coworker Paulo has been with his wife who is 12 years older forever (I think she's 50 something). They are very happy. That might be harder to find but don't give up Phyllis!
I keep Georgia O'Keefe in mind. She lived with a much younger man during the last several years of her life.
Wow, thenk you eveybody. This is very good suggestions for older women who like to date younger men. I haven't date much younger men. Yes, I have to be careful to date younger men. I think younger men want Sugar Mommy to support them. Did you ever heard Sugar Daddy or Sugar Mommy or Daddy Girl? This is very dangerous. I have read some of them have major problems.
Absolutely, I've heard of them. The ones that I've dated and married have gone out of their way to show me that they can support a family. Very protective. I guess I've been lucky in that respect. Though they both had momma issues, but then again is there a man that doesn't old or young...lol...
I told my man the other day that I hope nothing ever happens to him cuz I'm done with dating and would just resort to a Sugar Daddy. He better stick around forever cuz I really would rather not pull an Anna Nicole.
LOL, yes younger men date older women. When I was 40 I was dating a 21 year old. My son is now 30 and is dating a 42 yo, his friend is 29 and dating a 41 yo.

I am glad they are doing well. I don't think I ever make it okay with younger men.
My first husband had a "momma issue". That was hard to live with.
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
I told my man the other day that I hope nothing ever happens to him cuz I'm done with dating and would just resort to a Sugar Daddy. He better stick around forever cuz I really would rather not pull an Anna Nicole.

lmao!!! you're too crazy!!! laugh
Hmmm...I would not mind having a sugar daddy around - as long as he leaves after supper.
ha...ha...ha... Phyllis you're TOO funny - and right!!!
Now that all depends on what you fed him for dinner.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Do Younger Men Like To Date Older Women? - 09/28/10 06:09 PM
LOL wink
If it's something he's not fond of or allergic to, he may remain curled up on the floor... Just have him hold onto the pole as you him him like a dust mop... Been there, done that
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Do Younger Men Like To Date Older Women? - 09/28/10 06:48 PM
B What are you talking about lol
on the floor, drug & kicked around, sweeping up dust bunnies...
Oh my god you are dark and evil. I like it!
Of course it helps in getting into the corners when the younger man allows his arms to flop around with arms around the broomstick.
Well...maybe it would be better if we go out for dinner. Then if he collapses, the waitresses can take care of him and as I go merrily along my way.
That's the ticket Phyllis ... just make certain you have HIS c.c. to pay smile
Good idea, Sara! Thanks!!!

Beetle, you are so romantic. laugh Much better than dust mop material. lovers
Posted By: Kari N Re: Do Younger Men Like To Date Older Women? - 10/11/10 01:53 AM
Never a younger man since high school. Older guys, yes. They are more settled down. Younger, no. I agree with FG. I don't wanna be a mamma to some guy.
To Kari N: Younger men do love having sex with older women and wanted favors from older women (like getting money for his clothes & expensives shoes and suits, etc.) Somehow younger men managed to sneaking around for much yougner women while older women is working or traveling on businesses trip or Day Spa. Younger men are getting lot of money and they are spending on their dates with younger women. If I am older woman dating younger man, he have to lives at this place. I do not want men living with me. After all the years of working so hard and building futures of preparing retirement. Why lose it?
I have read this for the first time, and love all the replies ! When I was 24 I dated an 18 year old - absolutely gorgeous, caring, good fun to be around, but I broke it off when he went to university - having been there myself, I know how promiscuous everyone is, and didn't want my heart broken. Maybe I should have given it a go ? who knows. However, years ago, my mother worked with a woman in her late 50's. she lived with a guy in his mid 30's, and had been for 10 years... they were very happy ( according to my mUm ) and everyone at work was jealous of what a good relationship they seemed to have. I never met him, but I did meet her. ( I knew the story, because my mum told me in a hushed, scandalized voice while standing in a queue in a bank ) she was wearing tight leggings - leopardskin ( bearing in mind this was about 20 years ago ) and I thought OMG... then I spoke with her, and what an amazing woman. confident, intelligent, gregarious, and didn't give a @@@@ about what people thought. It just goes to show, everyone is different, and if it works, and both partners are getting what they need from the relationship, then, well, it works.
If we use my older sister (by three years) as an example: Yes. She seems to prefer her commited relationships to be with a younger gentleman; always has. Although we are full blooded sisters, I prefer the exact opposite. Perhaps sis can emotionally relate to younger men, in a way. I really can't say the same for myself.
When I first got divorced all the younger guys wanted to go out with me. (I always looked to date people my age ) So I guess the answer is yes.
Age isn't a number it's what resonates inside, really.

So, like an older woman/older man might find something through an interaction that doesn't show on the outside or within their everyday experiences.

In case this veres off, though, lol...always consider consiquences wink

© BellaOnline Forums