BellaOnline
Posted By: Ms.D Truth or Myth? - 05/13/08 07:47 PM
Is it true that we have to go to sleep before midnight for our bodies to restore itself? Or is the 8 hours enough?!
Posted By: EatingVeggies Re: Truth or Myth? - 05/13/08 10:27 PM
I think eight hours is enough but i find that when i do go to sleep well before midnight that i feel more rested when i wake in the morning. There is something to be said about natural, nighttime sleep. I also find that on a any particular day when i eat a diet of mostly raw veggies and fruits, i tend to get rested on less sleep. I think digestion of cooked food makes you sleep a little longer but that's my opinion.
Posted By: Ms A Re: Truth or Myth? - 05/13/08 10:32 PM
I suspect a lot depends on your natural body rhythms. I'm a morning person, and if I don't get to sleep well before that, I don't generally get 8 hours, or 7 even. Unfortunately, lately I've had major trouble getting to sleep, which means I'm running on short shrift there! (This even with trying to get out for a decent walk every day, adequate sunlight earlier in the day, etc.)

But my dh wakes rested much later than me, and seems perfectly happy going to sleep later and waking later. (He also seems to need about an hour more than I on average -- if either of us could sleep well!)

Posted By: Ms.D Re: Truth or Myth? - 05/14/08 02:30 AM
Both of you make perfect sense. I agree. I need my eight hours, and with that I feel rested and ready to go the next day. I feel sluggish if I don't get those hours in. Thanks ladies!
Posted By: Digitoko Re: Truth or Myth? - 07/09/08 07:10 AM
Hi Mr.D,

I think 8 hours is enough.
© BellaOnline Forums