BellaOnline
After a moonwalk, Apollo 14 astronaut Alan Shepherd hit two golf balls on the Moon. It was historic rather than classic! The golf club was an improvised one, the head of a six iron on a piece of sampling equipment. It was one-handed and not very graceful with thick gloves and a stiff space suit.
No wonder he sliced it! (or was it hooked?)
Here's a short video:

Alan Shepherd hits golf ball on the Moon

We can't see where the ball goes and the video quality isn't good anyhow. From the way he's going at it, looks more likely to be going left than right, in which case, a hook. But I don't even know much about Earth golf, so I'll leave this to the experts!
Slice or hook it was one of the 'proofs' cited by people who claim the moon landing was faked. People probably related to Penny's boyfriend Zak smile
Oh, that's a great clip! Can't decide which is the best line in it.
We set our laser on stun. or
What species was that?

I haven't come across the golf shot as a nonlanding-on-the-Moon proof. Let's see, in keeping with the other 'proofs' . . . You can only hit golf balls on Earth --> Shepherd hit a golf ball --> Therefore he wasn't on the Moon, just pretending to be.
I think it was along the line of lines of "You can only hook/slice a golf ball where there is an atmosphere". They seem to forget the other forced involved, plus the camera angle.
Plus the camera lens. Something like 24 inch 'fisheye' lens would make the ball appear to curve when it didn't
© BellaOnline Forums