BellaOnline
Hi Vance!

Are you or is anyone else a fan of any reality police shows, like COPS, LAPD, etc.?

I can't believe how long COPS has been on the air!

There was a show I saw back in the summer that followed recruits as they trained for the LAPD. I can't think of the name, but it was interesting to see everything they went through.
Not sure if this counts....but I love, love, Reno 911 on Comedy Central. Makes me laugh like crazy and by the way, I appreciate your article ideas seeing that I have picky eater kidz. Keep up the good work. Happy harvest.
I like Cops but enjoy the shows hosted by John Bunnell like "Wildest Police Videos". I cannot get into the shows like Unsolved Mysteries or America's Most Wanted because I don't like seeing reinactments of crimes and finding out that the perpetrator(s) are still at large. I like shows that have an ending where you see the person caught.

As far as Reno 911, while it is not a reality show, it is still a show like Law and Order or CSI. I love Reno 911 myself but I may a bit biased because I am in love with Niecy Nash anyway. lol.
I love COPS - when I see cities I know....or even live in - I watch the scenery where they are shot - then I avoid those areas!
Reno 911 of course...and Psych on USA...I know it probably doesn't count as a cop show. LOL. I used to be a Hill Street Blues fan and Third Watch.
Originally Posted By: Violette DeSantis
Reno 911 of course...and Psych on USA...I know it probably doesn't count as a cop show. LOL. I used to be a Hill Street Blues fan and Third Watch.

Hill Street Blues was definitely my favorite when that was on also. I made sure I was in front of the TV every Thursday night at 10pm to watch it. I also liked the Mod Squad, the Rookies and SWAT when they were on as well and Adam-12 too.
Dragnet was one of my favorites, also.
Crimes caught on video
I couldn't get into Dragnet but I did enjoy "The F.B.I" with Ephram Zimbalist Jr.

I couldn't really get into Police Story or Police Woman either with Angie Dickinson
Speaking of "crime" - does the show Cheaters count as a crime show? It does with me!

ps...The FBI was great, also. I used to watch that as a kid.
Unfortunately, cheating is not against the law so technically no its not a crime show.

It is a crime against humanity though and they can fit here as well. lol.
Cold Case Files
Vance, you're my kinda' guy. I love, love, love Hill Steet Blues. You make me wanna go see if they have any old ones on vhs or something to look at during the holiday break. Mod Squad was a favorite as a kid for me and hey you guys, you forgot, New York Undercover and the new one, Without a trace. Anybody like those?
"Cops" has been on forever and it occasionally ends up on our TV whether I like it or not. lol

I do miss the old police shows like Streets of San Francisco and Starsky and Hutch.

Originally Posted By: Kimmie08
Vance, you're my kinda' guy. I love, love, love Hill Steet Blues. You make me wanna go see if they have any old ones on vhs or something to look at during the holiday break. Mod Squad was a favorite as a kid for me and hey you guys, you forgot, New York Undercover and the new one, Without a trace. Anybody like those?

Hill Street Blues and Starsky and Hutch are the two shows I really set my schedule around when they were on.

I was terribly disappointed with the movie of Starsky and Hutch with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller.

"Hey...Let's be careful out there."

What about the sitcom police shows like Barney Miller? Loved that show too.
COPS -- those criminals are always soooooooooo dumb!
© BellaOnline Forums