BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley How Often Do You Clean? - 03/20/11 07:24 PM
Hi Everyone:

How often do you clean?

Every day?
Once a week?
NEVER (lol)...

Me, I am very LAZY at age 52 and thank goodness it is just my boyfriend and myself. I now find myself cleaning as I go to save having my precious time tied up with those MAJOR cleaning activities.

Now your turn smile
Posted By: Tammy - Cleaning Editor Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 04/04/11 05:04 PM
We clean everyday - basic cleaning. Then we do more deep cleaning once a week.

Cleaning as you go is the BEST way to clean. smile
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 04/05/11 05:58 PM
Hi Tammy:

You remind me of my mom and I guess I made a promise to myself not to duplicate her when I grew up smile

But I do love visiting homes where folks do an awesome job of cleaning. Thank goodness it is just the 2 dogs and my boyfriend as I just don't have the energy at age 52 to be doing any MAJOR cleaning.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tammy - Cleaning Editor Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 04/05/11 06:04 PM
By cleaning everyday - it only takes about 15 minutes. smile Our once a week is broken into certain days we do certain things - but, because we have done everything everyday nothing takes longer than 5 minutes more. As I said, cleaning as you go is the best way because then you never have "MAJOR" cleaning.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 04/05/11 06:04 PM
You are so right smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 04/08/11 12:02 AM
I tend to get so wrapped up in work that I just sit at my computer all day long until I go to sleep. So I never think about cleaning or doing anything else around the house.

I need to take more breaks to do little tasks to keep things caught up. I keep saying I'll do that when I get caught up on work but that never happens smile Every time I think I'm getting close, something new occurs to dump a giant pile of work into my lap!

Still at least I took time today to clean off my desk. That makes me feel more content!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 04/08/11 06:51 PM
Hi Lisa, when we get BUSY - cleaning sometimes get put on the back burner. Thanks for sharing with us smile

Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
I tend to get so wrapped up in work that I just sit at my computer all day long until I go to sleep. So I never think about cleaning or doing anything else around the house.

I need to take more breaks to do little tasks to keep things caught up. I keep saying I'll do that when I get caught up on work but that never happens smile Every time I think I'm getting close, something new occurs to dump a giant pile of work into my lap!

Still at least I took time today to clean off my desk. That makes me feel more content!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 06/03/11 05:17 PM
My desk is a mess again. It is a bit frustrating that I work to clean things and they just get messy again. There must be a way to KEEP it clean!! I work hard on decluttering so it's amazing how I used to have even more junk in here. I suppose I should count my blessings that things are "better".

OK today will be clean-the-desk-again day once I get caught up on some more work.
Posted By: PJK56 Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 07/29/11 08:50 PM
I've always been one that loves a clean and orderly house. I pick up as I go, and wash what we dirtied during the evening before we go to bed. Then I dust,mop,vacumn,clean bathrooms, and change bedding every week. It really helps to clean as you go. It really cuts the time when the cleaning day comes.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 07/29/11 09:31 PM
You are so right - doing easy maintenance is better than tackling huge projects.

My desk is sort of messy again but not as bad as before smile So I just need to take five minutes and clear it out, because that makes the whole day go much more smoothly.
Posted By: KassieYak Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 07/31/11 05:37 AM
Not nearly enough!! My excuse used to be "the job," but not that I'm at home, the excuse is ah... "momentum." But I am trying; just a few minutes every day here and there.
Posted By: barbara1taylor Re: How Often Do You Clean? - 08/23/11 04:24 PM
I clean every week. and I do a main cleaning, because I live on very busy street and the whole dirt comes in my home. You can't imagine how dirty is at the end of the week.
© BellaOnline Forums