BellaOnline
Posted By: Christine - Formula 1 Medals table vs. Points system - 11/27/08 11:43 AM
My latest article takes a look at the radical proposals by Bernie to change the current points system to a medals based table.

Anyone with a gold medal would beat another driver, even if they had six silvers.

I don't agree with this idea, but I'd love to hear what you think about it.
Posted By: zeriva Re: Medals table vs. Points system - 03/07/09 02:58 PM
Frankly I think the idea of medals is total bollocks. You have to have a points system to allow drivers and teams to assess themselves over the season and to give incentives to the middle ranking drivers. Bernie had been watching too much Olympics.
Posted By: Mikie Re: Medals table vs. Points system - 03/13/09 03:17 PM
To be honest F1 lost the plot many years ago and he's right there is no overtaking out on track. Many people watch the start flick back for the pit stops and then that's it. probably why so many of us stopped watching and moved to watching the MotoGP and Superbikes as they are so much more entertaining...
It is certainly true that F1 hasn't always been exciting, but the last two years were much better, with championship battles going right down to the last race of the season, and plenty of activity throughout the year to keep us entertained.

Although the 2009 season is only two races old, there has already been an increased amount of overtaking thanks to the new regulations.

I don't believe the points system will change the way a driver approaches a race, but now the cars are so radically different, it's certainly worth tuning in again, because the action has definitely changed.
© BellaOnline Forums