BellaOnline
There's a new article up on the Biology site - Sir Hans Sloane - Prominent Natural Historian .

"A prominent British physician, Sir Hans Sloane is even better known as an early naturalist. He is also famous for having developed milk chocolate!"

After you read the article, come on back here to discuss it!
Hi Deborah

I have been to the British Museum many times, next time I go I will look out for Sir Hans Sloane's name.

As for the milk chocolate, all I can say is I am so please he discovered it and thank God for Sir Hans.

Very interesting article about someone I knew nothing about. Thanks. Linda
Linda - it is a dream of mine to visit Britain and the British Museum! Next time you go there I'll be with you in spirit! smile
It isn't really the British Museum in Bloomsbury where you need to look for the results of Sir Hans Sloane's efforts, but the Natural History Museum in South Kensington. The natural history collections went there and it remained formally a branch of the British Museum for over a century after its founding. In fact, even after it became an independent institution, its name still made it out as part of the British Museum until the 1990s.

Mona -

Thanks for the clarification!
© BellaOnline Forums