BellaOnline
Posted By: Maria - Prime Time TV Plastic Tongue Ring - 03/19/12 03:31 AM
I recently swalled the ball to my tongue ring (yet again) and when I went to get a replacement one, I saw a cute purple glitter tongue ring. I decided to buy that one since I've been using the same metal-type one since I got it pierced 2 years ago.

I really like the plastic bar. On the rare occaisions that I have accidently bitten down on it, it didn't hurt my teeth anywhere as much as the metal one did. I also get a lot of compliments on the color.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 03/21/12 03:10 AM
Why do you call it a ring when in fact it's a barbell?

I often recommend to people to wear a metal bar but get plastic end balls as they are much more forgiving and gentle on the tooth enamel in the long-run.
Posted By: diablo Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 06/21/12 03:44 AM
may be it pretty beautiful
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 12/20/12 11:42 PM
Is there any concern about the plastic holding onto bacteria more easily since plastic scratches whereas stainless and many of the other metals used for piercing do not? Are these special plastics that do not get scratches or hold onto bacteria? I am just curious. Seems like it might be a concern with a tongue piercing.
Posted By: Maria - Prime Time TV Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 12/25/12 04:56 PM
That's a great question Lisa. I'd like to know this answer as well.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 12/26/12 01:52 PM
The biggest concern with tongue bars is that metal ball ends can chip enamel off teeth, or even contribute to cracked teeth in worst-case scenarios. This can lead to serious dental issues.

If you brush your teeth and clean your tongue jewelry regularly, and maintain an overall good level of mouth hygiene and health, you will not have issues with bacteria regardless of the material.
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 01/07/13 04:37 AM
In face I am afraid of having a piece on ears, not to mention on tongues, does it hurt? I saw much people have decorations on various parts on the body, and I wanna one as well, any suggestions for the one who want start the journey? :)
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 01/07/13 09:54 PM
Most piercings hurt somewhat, although pain levels and perception varies from person to person.
Posted By: clairehobby Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 01/08/13 12:43 AM
[quote=Maria - Prime Time TV]I recently swalled the ball to my tongue ring (yet again) and when I went to get a replacement one, I saw a cute purple glitter tongue ring. I decided to buy that one since I've been using the same metal-type one since I got it pierced 2 years ago. I really like the plastic bar. On the rare occaisions that I have accidently bitten down on it, it didn't hurt my teeth anywhere as much as the metal one did. I also get a lot of compliments on the color. [/quote] How do you eat food if you wear a tongue-ring? by the way , purple is a beautiful color.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 01/08/13 09:49 AM
Claire, if you pay attention to the details of her post you'll realize that Maria doesn't really wear a ring in her tongue, she wears a barbell.
Posted By: Waektra Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 05/02/13 05:46 AM
hahahah...ring or barbel?? ^_^
Posted By: lizza08 Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 01/16/14 03:56 AM
I have many piercing and i love it
Posted By: lizza08 Re: Plastic Tongue Ring - 01/19/14 02:38 AM
I have pierce o my tounge
© BellaOnline Forums