BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb What is your Dream Job? - 05/20/13 11:02 PM
Today's Earth Day Challenge - identify your dream job! Then make steps to get you there.

What would your dream job be?
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/22/13 12:33 AM
Um, having no job. Isn't that terrible?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/22/13 01:04 AM
Jilly -

Many people interpret the word "job" in many different ways.

Think of it this way. What would be your dream "lifestyle"?
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/22/13 01:07 AM
I would have a home base that runs itself, and then spend most of my time traveling. I'm working towards this now.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/22/13 01:16 AM
Dear Jilly -

That is an awesome goal, and a lovely way to life your life!
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/22/13 01:34 AM
Thank you.

It upsets some people that I don't have a big productive work goal. I don't see why what i don't do should upset anyone else. They say I should be productive to society, since I am so bright and skilled at many things.

I figure with all the cat rescue I've been doing, and the green living, and my frugal living advice, that I am productive enough. I don't have to have a 'job' to prove my value to society.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/22/13 02:03 AM
Jilly -

We all view the world through the lens of what we believe is right. So if someone was trained from birth to believe that not working was "lazy" or "wrong" then it's hard for them to wrap their mind around a non-worker. To them their view is as natural as breathing. Which is a shame. They have that monocular view of the world and don't even realize that they are only seeing the world in one way.

It's like they see the world only as being blue and don't even realize all the other colors in the world.

I know it's really challenging, but see if you can view those people as having blue sunglasses on and they simply don't even know it. There's no way to point at the blue sunglasses, because they can't see their own eyes. The best you can do is show them through your example that there's another path in life, and maybe that thought will wriggle into their brain and expand it a bit.

I.e. they probably won't be swayed by argument smile.

You absolutely are doing a lot. Only you can determine what is right for you.

Think of all the people who live at intentional retreats or those sorts of places. They don't crank through building widgets or filling out forms. They simply breathe.

Maybe the smart people are the ones who live a serene life and who radiate that serenity to then have an impact on others.

And finally, the fact that their serenity could be uprooted based on what another human chooses or doesn't choose to do seems to indicate that their own serenity isn't very stable. As you said, why should they care? Why does it matter to them? Why does it damage their serenity to think someone else is relaxing? Does it then make them question their world view, which upsets them?
Posted By: Sharon - Business Coach Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/24/13 09:47 AM
Jilly

I believe living your life's "purpose" is a job. Doing what you love to do and making a difference is the best job in the world!

~Sharon
Posted By: loongdragon Re: What is your Dream Job? - 05/24/13 09:53 AM
To Sharon,

The best job ,I ever had is retirement.No set schedule, I decide,where,how,when.
No attachments, .

Loong
A blissfull man
Posted By: Anna_Bella007 Re: What is your Dream Job? - 08/04/13 11:58 PM
I always dreamt of being a dancer!! :( But still what to do I am a bit clumsy that I can't dance.
Posted By: Bewel_Gelespi Re: What is your Dream Job? - 08/23/13 02:27 AM
I wish you that you be a dancer and make a concert that I can see you dance. Hope so that you are a good dancer.
Posted By: leahmullen Re: What is your Dream Job? - 10/04/13 07:48 PM
I don't have a dream JOB in mind, but like Jilly, I have dream ACTIVITIES that I would love to do every day but don't get a chance to do everyday.

1)Exercise
2)Listen to Affirmations/Prayer/Meditation etc
3)Cook healthy meals
4)Study
5)Write
6)Read self help books by the dozens....

oh and of course I need time to finish raising my kids and to spend with my husband...and to watch my romance movies!

If I have time/energy to do all of that every day, then I can do just about any job. I would prefer a job where I am helping people and where there is opportunities for career growth.
Posted By: Angel - Business Coach Re: What is your Dream Job? - 10/30/13 08:55 PM
Hello Anna,

You could always open up a dance studio and hire dance instructors to conduct classes while you manage the business side of things. There is always more than one way to work within your passion.

Peace and Blessings smile
Posted By: clairehobby Re: What is your Dream Job? - 10/30/13 10:00 PM
i like this question, my dream job is to be a Librarian in our state, so that i can get along with all the books i like.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: What is your Dream Job? - 01/16/16 03:14 PM
I want to write full time.
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories Re: What is your Dream Job? - 01/26/16 05:46 AM
I would love to write non-fiction as well as write and illustrate fiction books for children and teens.

I will do this!

Chel
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What is your Dream Job? - 02/27/17 07:50 PM
Anything basically. I have been jobless since July of 2009 and I want a job so bad. When I look for one I give my job anywhere that accepts people who do not have an high school diploma and experience (only worked for 1 Avon campaign then 1 day selling picture sessions door to door before working for the company of my dad).
© BellaOnline Forums