BellaOnline
Posted By: Sharon - Business Coach Are leaders born or made? - 02/18/11 01:49 PM
I hear and read this all the time:

"Leaders Are Made, Not Born"

Do you agree or disagree? We look forward to your thoughts . . .

Thanks for participating,
~Sharon
What do you think, are leaders made or born?
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Are leaders born or made? - 02/19/11 04:06 AM
I believe leaders are born. I suppose some people can learn to be leaders but I don't believe they are as effective as "born leaders."

Take me for instance, if I had a job where I could get promoted to management, I don't think I would ever take it. I have a hard time telling people what to do. I would rather do something myself than have to tell someone to do it.

Posted By: Kaycee Will Re: Are leaders born or made? - 02/19/11 07:56 AM
Leaders are born and with time they grow better, I think leadership quality is related with your sun-sign. For example I am a Saggitarian and I think I am born with it.
Kaycee - Good point about our sun-signs.

Do you think because you've always believed that you were born to lead that it helps you to be an even better leader?

Thanks for your thoughts,

~ Sharon

Posted By: Linda19 Re: Are leaders born or made? - 02/21/11 08:49 AM
I believe people are born to be leaders, if someone does not have leadership qualities in their nature it is very hard to make someone be a leader.
Do you think that leaders have "charisma?"

If yes, are you born with charisma or is it developed?

Thanks for participating!

~Sharon
Posted By: doggiemom Re: Are leaders born or made? - 02/26/11 02:37 AM
I think you can train to be a leader. You have to want to lead and empower others to be a good leader. I believe it is a combination of desire and training.

Doggiemom
What do you think, is charisma an important business-building tool? Are people born with charisma?

"Charisma is a sparkle in people that money can't buy. It's an invisible energy with visible effects." Marianne Williamson

Thanks for participating,
~Sharon
What do you think, are leaders naturally born to be leaders or can you learn to be a leader?

~Sharon
I believe leadership can be learned - what do you think?

~Sharon
Posted By: AnneE Re: Are leaders born or made? - 04/12/11 01:01 AM
Both. There are born leaders and there are people who are not natural leaders, but step up because they see a job that needs doing or a group that needs motivating. Often the style of leadership of born leaders is more charismatic, but people who fall into a leadership role by choice or fate, can be just as effective.

I've seen this in practice when my son became the Senior Patrol Leader of the Boy Scout troop. He was following a very charismatic leader, which was a bit intimidating, but he stretched and grew and did an awesome job.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Are leaders born or made? - 03/09/17 10:53 PM
We can of course learn many things but something like this I think you need to be born with it.
© BellaOnline Forums