BellaOnline
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Veg in containers - 02/26/18 06:29 PM
This year I'm starting Swiss chard in small pots - they've just sprouted and are sitting in a sunny window, and mid-March I'll transplant one seedling per 2 gallon pot outside to my cold frame. This is a veg that takes off here in The Netherlands. When the plants go outside I'll post a photo.
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 05/03/18 02:24 AM
Parsley and basil are out as well as two or three tomato plants. I'll decide what else to put out. The temperatures were very high today. Water, water, water.
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 05/18/18 11:06 PM
We have had so much rain this week. My pots are full of water.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Veg in containers - 05/19/18 08:56 AM
OK - Swiss chard 2 months later under cover in the cold frame, protected from hale:[Linked Image]
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 05/19/18 10:05 PM
How cool Susan.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Veg in containers - 05/22/18 08:50 PM
We're getting about two meals a week now. I started 2 more pots this size with 4 seeds each about 2 weeks ago. They should be big enough in 2 months. :)
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 05/22/18 11:35 PM
I planted some bean seeds today in the Grow Box on the deck. Hope the squirrels and birds don't find then
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 06/01/18 01:42 AM
The beans are coming up nicely and the cucumbers are as well. It is supposed to be very hot tomorrow so I will water everything in the morning.
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 06/01/18 02:11 AM
I guess I won't have to water in the morning. It's raining right now. This has been the wettest May ever recorded in Virginia. We've probably had 10 inches of rain this month. I hope we don't have a drought this summer.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Veg in containers - 06/01/18 03:32 PM
Angie, good luck with the beans! I set out the pot of Rocket - sharp lettuce - in the cold frame from the greenhouse.
Posted By: Angie Re: Veg in containers - 06/01/18 08:29 PM
It is so hot today. The beans and cucumbers are looking good. I will have tomatoes ripen up in a week or so.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Veg in containers - 06/27/18 04:21 AM
Dear Angie,

I have Basil, Italian Parsley, Green peppers, and this year I did two types of lettuce(from seeds even!)in containers anything else I have in the ground and everything is turning out wonderfully.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
© BellaOnline Forums