BellaOnline
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Your Scrapple Article - 01/10/12 09:42 PM
quick scrapple article

Loved this article - I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay and had Rappa Brand Scrapple several days a week. When I visit my sister in Delaware you can be sure we eat scrapple.

I'll have to try your recipe ... thanks much!
Posted By: sundancer Re: Your Scrapple Article - 03/27/12 10:53 AM
When vising with my mom in law and sister in law we were discusiing scrapple yesterday. My sister in law and I both love it. Never have made it though. She told me that since she is the only person in her house that eats scrapple, she slices it and freezes it. I have never done that.
@ Susan, Delaware is my home state and my sister in law lives in Delaware.
Sundancer
Embroidery fashions boutique
Nonnasplace
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Your Scrapple Article - 03/27/12 01:40 PM
sundancer - I sent you a PM. I like the idea of freezing individual slices. My sister cooks enough for several days and stores it on a plate covered with plastic wrap in the frig. We like it sliced very thin and cooked crisp.
Posted By: FrankJBN Re: Your Scrapple Article - 03/28/12 03:17 PM
I've sliced and freezed scrapple - but never already cooked. While I have eaten cold, left-over scrapple, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Texture is not right.

I like it thin and crisp, but I also like it thick and crisp only on the outside. Why is diner scrapple the best? Because it is deep-fried.

I'm a 'savory only' scrapple guy, tho' I know some folks serve it with maple syrup. That is not a "yuck" to me, but it isn't right, either.

Allow me to recommend Habersett's brand scrapple. I've had Rapa and D & W and probably no-name brands and none compare with the H brand.
© BellaOnline Forums