BellaOnline
Posted By: Insurance Guru A Lesson from a Loss - 04/30/09 04:26 PM
Yesterday I learned that a good friend/sorority sister died on April 28th. She had been on the lung transplant list for a number of years. Our friends are shocked. Even though she was sick we just thought she would get the lung she needed. She and her husband had 1 child whose 7.

I found myself wondering if she wrote her son or husband letters for various stages in their lives for which she wouldn't be around. Or maybe she wrote her mom who had become her caregiver.

The lesson? pull out your life insurance policies, make sure they are current, tell someone where your policy information is located.

The other lesson? Live life to the fullest!
Posted By: Smiera Re: A Lesson from a Loss - 08/02/10 01:26 PM
Really sad it is and we have a lesson from it to share the important things with our dears must.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: A Lesson from a Loss - 11/16/11 10:28 AM
I realize this is an old post but it has such a powerful message that I felt it worthwhile to bring it up again. It is very true that we never know what tomorrow may bring. Life is exceedingly chaotic. We should treat each day as a present to be treasured. Once it is gone, it is gone forever.
Posted By: Encore DT Re: A Lesson from a Loss - 06/06/12 10:18 PM
That is a very powerful message. One of the insurance companies I work with has a slogan - "We will stop asking you about life insurance when people stop dying without it".
© BellaOnline Forums