BellaOnline
Posted By: erinn_agras Home Inventories - 02/09/06 04:52 PM
I have read how keeping an updated Home Inventory can not only help justify your claim in the face of a disaster, but it can greatly simplify and shorten the claims process.

There are many free software packages available, like the one from www.iii.org. But there are also FREE online Home Inventory services like www.createyourinventory.com. The advantage here is that your inventory is securely stored ONLINE, instead of on your PC, which will most likely be lost in a flood, fire or other catastrophe.
Posted By: Whim Re: Home Inventories - 02/09/06 06:59 PM
Good idea, just keep in mind that the software is only as a good as the user. Unless you make it a habit to update each time you add to the inventory, you are likely to put it off until you have forgotten stuff, or there is a disaster...
Posted By: pondlady Re: Home Inventories - 09/07/06 02:31 PM
Do a home inventory!! Pre Katrina, I took pics of every room, every closet, outdoor furniture, mechanical stuff, eg, hot tub pump/heater/filter, shed stuff, tools, kayaks, canoe, bikes. I did it only because a friend of mine had started a business doing it for other folks and I thought it a good idea. When I finished taking the pics, I burned a CD and stuck it in the house insurance folder. After our house was completely done in by trees and flood, it was a relatively simple matter to fill out the home inventory form.
A year later, in another house, I have done it again.
Posted By: Janetjuli Re: Home Inventories - 03/21/07 06:43 AM
Don't be put off!
If you are just setting up a household, starting an inventory list can be relatively simple. If you�ve been living in the same house for many years, however, the task of creating a list can be daunting. Still, it�s better to have an incomplete inventory than nothing at all. Start with recent purchases and then try to remember what you can about older possessions.

Big ticket items
Valuable items like jewelry, art work and collectibles may have increased in value since you received them. Check with your agent to make sure that you have adequate insurance for these items. They may need to be insured separately.

Posted By: fattwe Re: Home Inventories - 05/09/08 11:12 AM
Yes!! Nice information that you have shared with us.
Thank you very much
Thanks for sharing this nice link.
© BellaOnline Forums