BellaOnline
Posted By: Elizabeth_EntNewsEditor Heath Ledger found dead - 01/22/08 10:14 PM
I was just informed that Heath Ledger has been found dead in his NYC apartment today by his housekeeper and visiting masseuse -- the news has been published in the New York Times but no news yet on the cause of death.

This is very shocking news and I feel for his young daughter and his family's loss.
Posted By: M o e Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/22/08 10:49 PM
I just heard about this on the news and came to look. Apparently they are saying there were pills beside him.

I'm so totally shocked by this. I always enjoyed his films and even way way back when I use to watch Roar on tv.
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/22/08 11:11 PM
I can't believe it. I really admired his work as an actor. I'm really shocked by this as well.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 12:11 AM
Waaaaaahhhh!
Posted By: Kriss-CBS Soaps Editor Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 12:44 AM
My heart goes out out his family. I had no idea he was only 28! he was so versatile, his roles were so mature.
Posted By: elle Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 01:55 AM
It's going to be so hard on his little girl - at two she will miss him terribly, but is not really old enough to understand why he's gone. I feel for all his family.
Posted By: Trish-D Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 02:12 AM
It is very sad. He seemed like a lovely person.
Posted By: Elizabeth_EntNewsEditor Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 03:04 AM
He will have a movie released this year which will be difficult I'm sure for his family and friends to watch -- he plays the joker in a follow up to batman returns -- such a dark character to end his career, in interviews he expressed how much he struggled separating himself from the role and was having difficulty sleeping and taking sleeping pills, I wonder if it had anything to do with his death -- so sad and shocking that he died so young.
Posted By: elle Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 03:26 AM
There are also reports that he may have had pneumonia too - the combination of that and sleeping pills could possibly be a cause. It's unconfirmed though, at this stage. The autopsy is being performed Wednesday.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 03:48 AM
Wow that is really a shame. It would be a great shame if his role in a movie got him very upset - and he was just trying to take sleeping pills to deal with it and had an accidental overdose. It's scary how those things can happen.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/23/08 03:59 AM
Yes, It is a shame. I was really shocked when I first turned on my computer and saw it. I couldn't believe it at first.

Life is short....
Posted By: erikae Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/24/08 01:16 PM
Bad news for hollywood. Heath Ledger was a good actor too bad his last movie is the Dark Knight.
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/25/08 12:14 AM
In one of the reports I read, the sleeping pills he was taking was Ambien. It said he was not suffering from depression, but was having trouble sleeping from all the stress of doing "The Dark Knight" and another film he was working on - and so was taking Ambien to help him sleep.

I take Ambien, and I know from experience that I can take several pills without realizing it. Ambien works as an amnesiac to an extent, it is one of the drawbacks of taking it. I took 6 pills one night, because I kept thinking I hadn't taken it yet. Hubby now keeps the prescription bottle with him and doles them out to me at night so that I do not take over and over again.

If he was taking other pills on top of the Ambien, and forgot that he had taken those doses as well, it would have been quite simple for him to overdose - without ever meaning to.

It is truly a tragedy. And if anyone ever takes these types of medications, I strongly urge that you neve take them while at home alone, and have your spouse be aware of when you are taking them.
Posted By: Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/25/08 01:04 AM
I actually move my meds to a different shelf in my medicine cabinet so I know I've already taken them. I simply can't remember sometimes and the most potent thing I take is meds for high blood pressure.
Posted By: freespirit Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/25/08 03:46 AM
I think it is sad.... so sad that he died so young and left little ones behind.
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 01/25/08 09:36 PM
The other thing that has been discussed is that Heath may have had pneumonia at the time of his death and Ambien is contra-indicated (not supposed to be used with) cases where someone has respiratory problems.
Posted By: M o e Re: Heath Ledger found dead - 02/06/08 06:06 PM
The Examiner's Report is in: "The NYC medical examiner's office has ruled that Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs."
© BellaOnline Forums