BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Entering a Photo Show - 01/11/13 09:18 PM
I have happy news! One of the photo I entered into my first ever photo show earned a ribbon!

Have you ever entered photo shows? What do you think of them?
Posted By: MollyBee Re: Entering a Photo Show - 03/19/13 04:34 PM
I haven't entered any yet.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 05/02/13 11:15 AM
MollyBee - you should enter one! They're lots of fun. Are there art shows held near you?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 05/02/13 11:15 AM
Choosing which three flower/plant photos I want to present in the upcoming art show. I had some selected, but now have new Tower Hill photos to consider. This is my third art show now and I'm becoming more calm about being in them smile.
Posted By: Peggy - Photography Re: Entering a Photo Show - 05/23/13 10:45 PM
Check out your local camera club to learn more about entering competitions and shows. Most cost about $30 a year to join and have monthly meetings. They are a great way to learn photography, to be inspired by others and to ease into photo shows. You can attend meetings just to watch and learn, or you can join their activities and competitions. Do you an internet search for camera clubs in your area. You will love it! Congratulations Lisa! It's such an honor to have your work on display!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 06/09/13 06:27 PM
My local art group is about art in general, but they do have a lot of photographers. Unfortunately the night they meet, I'm busy. But they do have an active website and such. I think it was $25 or $30 for the year.

I'm getting braver. A national organization I belong to had an art competition with the theme of "opposites". So I entered three photos into that. We'll see how I do! I suppose it's how they define opposites. One of the photos I entered was one I had in MUSED back in 2010 - Absorbing -

Posted By: Peggy - Photography Re: Entering a Photo Show - 06/09/13 06:43 PM
Awesome! I am reading up on how to put images in the site now......
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 06/09/13 07:00 PM
Peggy -

The key is to have them on the web somewhere. So if you have any sort of image storage location on the web, you can use that. The image has to be on the web for someone to be able to see it. If you don't have access to any image storage location, contact Jeanne, our resources manager. She'll set you up with one on the BellaOnline image server.
Posted By: Peggy - Photography Re: Entering a Photo Show - 06/09/13 07:12 PM
Thanks. I will contact Jeanne. Images will make the articles so much easier to read!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 06/27/13 08:54 PM
I'm entering three photos in an upcoming photo show. I'm more relaxed about each new one, which is good smile. I'm entering the shell and hook photos shown above, plus a third one, Korean Dogwood -

We'll see how they do!
Posted By: Peggy - Photography Re: Entering a Photo Show - 06/28/13 03:23 AM
Beautiful Lisa! Let us know the results!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 07/14/13 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the show immensely, Peggy. I'm so glad I did the other ones first so I got used to how they work and what to expect. I was also much calmer by this one smile.

It was a lovely location, and while I didn't win any ribbons, I was happy just to participate!

Posted By: clairehobby Re: Entering a Photo Show - 07/17/13 03:40 AM
Lisa, you are so lucky to be there. Would you please share more photos?
Posted By: Peggy - Photography Re: Entering a Photo Show - 07/17/13 06:41 AM
It IS a lovely location!
Did you check out the winners?
Sometimes you can get a chance to speak to the judges and pick their brains.

I don't remember if you showed us your picture, but I wrote this article about common composition errors: BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 07/22/13 12:51 AM
Peggy - I did post all three photos in this thread, so I'd be happy to have any feedback on them!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Entering a Photo Show - 09/04/13 10:06 PM
Progress in my bravery. I used to be completely scared about entering one art show. Now I'm entering two at once smile. Step by step. One is the abstract images, the other will be kayak scenes.

Have you guys entered any art shows recently?
© BellaOnline Forums