BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Safely Storing a Digital Photo Print - 01/07/13 06:00 PM
The photo show said I could sell prints of my three submissions at the gallery opening. What kind of bag / folder / etc. do I put them in, so the print isn't hurt? I don't just hand someone a "raw print" do I?
I would put all the photos in mats and sign the lower right corner of the mat and stamp the copyright on the back. A bankers box would be good for transporting them, but I would jazz up the box to make it look more artistic and less storage like.
Kim - how do you keep the face of the print from being damaged though? If anything touches the face it could cause problems, yes?
Put them in clear sleeves like these. If you search around you'll find lots of sizes and mils available from a variety of companies.

If you don't want to mat them then use backing boards and sleeve them, this will keep them neat and protected. I wouldn't waste money on high grade boards, you just need some that will keep the photos from bending. I don't know what size your working with, but you can get boards in more sizes than shown at the link above.
Thanks Kim! I ended up getting scrapbooking archival sleeves and those seem to do the trick. I need to make sure the prints dry thoroughly before working with them smile.
© BellaOnline Forums