BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb What is your Motivation? - 04/19/10 06:59 PM
I just read an article where they said the #1 reason that people do not take care of themselves is not time, or money, or knowledge - it is simply MOTIVATION. That strikes me as so interesting!

People know what they should do. They can make the time if they wanted to. They just *don't*.

What *is* motivation to you? What is that thing inside you that makes you say, "OK, I care about myself enough to stand up off the couch"? Is it something that fights lethargy?
Posted By: Farjana_Environment_Ed Re: What is your Motivation? - 04/20/10 11:51 AM
I agree with this point. I'm facing a lot of health related problems only because of lack of motivation. Before marriage my mom used to remind me about this and after marriage, at the age of 23 I was really became super careless about me. I forget to take vitamin and other medicine, my hubby usually reminds me.

So, for me if someone pushes me to do exercise or anything that is good for me that works as a motivation to me.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Motivation? - 04/28/10 06:24 PM
That's interesting, Farjana, so it's all external motivation in your case? Is there any specific thing that you internally motivate yourself to do, and how do you do that?
Posted By: Nancy6 Re: What is your Motivation? - 04/28/10 08:14 PM
Reading this forum helps keep me motivated, as does reading books on low-carb eating and listening to related CDs/DVDs.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Motivation? - 05/01/10 04:19 AM
Nancy -

I'm glad we are being a help! Yes definitely I read a lot of books on healthy eating and each one seems to have at least one gem that really helps out. What are some of your favorites?
Posted By: Nancy6 Re: What is your Motivation? - 05/01/10 09:37 PM
I'm currently using Dr. Daniel Amen's books, CDs and DVDs.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Motivation? - 05/03/10 09:59 PM
I don't think I've heard of those, I'll take a look!
Posted By: Jilly Re: What is your Motivation? - 05/05/10 08:06 AM
Lately I am using apps from the iPhone to help me stay motivated and focused on what I want my life to be. It's fun and helpful so far and makes me feel accountable.

Anyone find any cool productivity apps they've used?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What is your Motivation? - 05/05/10 09:15 PM
I'm sure different techniques work for different people! I find hand writing a list every morning works. I've read in several books that the act of writing it out helps embed it in your mind, and the fact that you write the same task EVERY SINGLE DAY for a week gets you annoyed enough to do something about it. I find that to be true for me!
© BellaOnline Forums