BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Couch Potato Workout - 02/04/08 11:31 PM
OK here's a work out for ALL of us!! You can do this sitting on your couch while watching TV!! smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/05/08 06:25 PM
this is actually pretty cool. Now there are no excuses. smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/06/08 08:53 PM
Yes definitely there is always something you can do to boost your metabolism. I like doing arm exercises when I'm on the couch - putting each arm straight out from the side and moving them in small circles. That's easy and good for you.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/07/08 08:50 PM
This might sound funny, but I jiggle my legs all day long at the computer. It's just a habit. I was just thinking it's probably a little bit of exercise and good for my circulation to boot.

Does anyone else jiggle their legs all day?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/13/08 10:43 PM
I have a foot rest that my feet go on that rotates back and forth. It's supposed to be bad for your legs to just "sit there" all day long without motion, so I definitely believe in having motion.

Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/13/08 10:50 PM
I lift 5lb weights while laying on the couch watching tv. also rock my legs back and forth any movement is better then none, all during the commercials.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/13/08 11:14 PM
Five pound weights, good for you!! I have little one pound and two pound weights. That is a *great* idea for sitting on the TV. Everybody should have those by their couch!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/14/08 07:53 PM
that *is* a great idea. it just takes the mindset that watching the TV should be 'good for you' time.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/14/08 09:58 PM
I even have slip-on weights that go over the ankles. I just need to figure out where I stashed those smile The real problem is that I normally don't watch TV much at all. I am done updating all my Persuasion files ... but I don't have any pages up on Emma so I suppose I should start that next. That'll be at least 10 hours of TV watching, to get through all the versions of that ...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/16/08 12:26 AM
OK I found two hand-grip five pound weights, one for each hand. I have them right by the couch now. You guys have inspired me! They look like this but they're blue.

Those are on Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-3-Pound-Easy-Grip-Weight/dp/B000V63NQG
Posted By: Jilly Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/17/08 08:40 AM
Those are nice weights, Lisa. I hold squishy balls in my hand and squeeze them.

I am watching a lot of TV right now - I have not had cable TV since...well...college. So i am going a little bit nuts right now, watching CSI, The Biggest Loser, Ten Years Younger and What Not to Wear. Oh, and I just found the Dog Whisperer - awesome stuff. I am sure my new TV habit will taper off, but as soon as we get a treadmill I can also go back to reading while working out.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Couch Potato Workout - 02/17/08 11:04 PM
We didn't have Cable TV until 2000 when we were both working for computer companies, so we got cable so that we could track the year 2000 issue rolling around the world and be prepared for when it hit us. Our tv habits are on and off. Sometimes like right now we pretty much never watch it - but Bob is in there playing video games. Sometimes like when the Austen series is on PBS we watch all of them, sometimes repeatedly.

I do love House and Monk but episodes are so rare in modern times that I think that's maybe 16 episodes all year long?

We have a medicine ball but it's more hard, not squishy. I do have a "squeeze ball" around here *somewhere* but I would be hard pressed to find it smile
© BellaOnline Forums