BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Biggest Loser Season 14 Episode 1 - 01/06/13 11:16 PM
The Biggest Loser is back, Gillian is back! What do you think? What are your impressions of this first episode?

I love that they are helping address childhood obesity. That is such an important issue.

I'm wondering about Bob's quote that "our children will now not outlive our parents". I think he meant that the kids will die at an earlier age than the parents do. I don't think he meant the kids will die BEFORE the parents do.

I'm also iffy about Jillian refusing to work with people as they hit walls. A good coach finds way to motivate their team. She seemed more interested in simply ditching team members when they faced issues.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Biggest Loser Season 14 Episode 1 - 01/11/13 02:37 AM
Jillian seemed harder on people than in the past, but i still love her. I'd say she was in trouble with this group from the get-go, however, and I wonder if the producers planned that?

I think Nikki needed to go home, though, and get therapy (as she said she would). They should not have cast someone with a current or recent eating disorder for TBL. I think dealing with that is out of their league.

I felt badly for TC, though.

I loved seeing Jillian jump into Bob's arms on the set. Those two have a neat friendship.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Biggest Loser Season 14 Episode 1 - 01/18/13 04:16 PM
Jilly -

I imagine people change as they age, and with her having kids now I wonder if that has played into the mix. Maybe when she sees what kids are able to do she's less tolerant of adults who say "I can't do it".

I suppose I say this a *bit* tongue in cheek, but every single person on the show has an eating disorder. They all have issues with eating. Many of them have admitted to binging and purging. So I don't think the producers can exclude that. It's part of what they are there to fix.
© BellaOnline Forums