BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/06/13 09:34 PM
Every day is an opportunity to learn something online. There are formal classes, informal ones, for-pay ones, free ones, and a wealth of opportunities!

What do you want to learn? What did you learn? Share your explorations!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/06/13 09:50 PM
Here's our challenge - explore your options of learning!

Today I filled in my weekly schedule for my two classes I'm taking - consumer behavior and digital photography. I watched a video on the tea ceremony for consumer behavior, then took a quiz on it. It was about how we perceive luxury.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/08/13 06:07 PM
Today I did my class forum posts in my two classes. I will definitely miss the forum aspect of the classes when they are over. My fellow students are great at examining the issues.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/12/13 07:37 PM
Just got all my classwork in for week 5 of 6 in digital photography and consumer behavior. One more week and this set is done.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/20/13 02:49 AM
Today my two classes are both complete, so I am very content! Just one more to go. I also read a blog post about how to handle fears of public speaking that was quite useful.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/22/13 01:09 AM
Today I learned more about Google+, and how it can be used to bring traffic to websites.
Posted By: Dr. Hershey-MH Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 05/22/13 09:43 AM
Hi Lisa,
As a licensed psychologist I am required to have 40 continuing education units every two years. I use several online CEU websites to accomplish this. I just started one on Mindfulness Psychology. When all is said and done, I will probably write an article on this topic.
Happy learning!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 08/09/13 02:11 AM
Ilyssa -

I apologize for not seeing this until now. I'm always eager to learn more about mindfulness! It's such a powerful topic.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 08/09/13 02:23 AM
Today I learned more about keratosis, which is when small, scabby areas form on your skin. I also learned more about cherry angiomas, which are tiny red dots that form on skin. I've had both of these for many years now, and the doctor kept saying they were nothing to worry about. It's true - but I also decided I should at least learn more about what my body is doing and why.

It turns out the cherry angiomas are said by many to be a sign that your body is trying to get bromide out of your system. Hmmmm Bromide is found in lots of processed foods. Apparently you can help clear the bromide by taking iodine. I may be willing to experiment on myself with healthy amounts of iodine - which after all you do need - and see what that does. They also say epson baths help with skin health, and that sounds good too!

Aha my current chewy vitamins do *not* have Iodine in them! My old Centrum *did*. So I need to get back onto those. I wonder if that is having an impact here. My body is missing something important.
Posted By: D Rose Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 08/09/13 06:35 AM
nothing
I studied a new business principle called Swarm Business. The study compares a similar behavior between bees and human beings called swarming. Bees typically swarm together to build a nest, gather food, nurture their offspring, and make decisions about their next leader i.e. the queen bee. Humans in a business environment swarm to work towards a common goal, an idea they all agree on and want to see succeed. They meet, collaborate, and work towards solving a common problem. This type of environment fuels creativity and innovations.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 09/08/13 05:54 PM
It's great for your brain to try new things. The act of learning new techniques helps your brain stay limber and active.

What new things have you tried recently?

Today I played with watercolors. I'm not great with them - but at least I'm trying smile.
Good post Lisa. I've heard doing things like using your left hand instead of your right (if you're right-handed) to do simple tasks like brushing your teeth or combing your hair can encourage brain cells to network. It's great exercise for your brain.
Posted By: Jeci Re: What did you Learn Online Today? - 09/17/13 04:39 AM
Learning WordPress though I have a long way to go.
© BellaOnline Forums