BellaOnline
Posted By: Susan Alison The 'what if' question - 04/16/09 10:40 AM
This week's article
click here for The 'what if' question article talks about ideas in one area of creativity leading to ideas in others.

What ideas have you transferred from one medium to another? By the way, those cake decorations in the picture are actually made from marzipan or sugar paste - from the article you might think they're made from polymer clay - I'd better change that...
Posted By: Ramsey1 Re: The 'what if' question - 05/13/09 06:23 PM
I sometimes paint patterns on things and then wonder how I can achieve the same effect in fabric. Doesn't always come out very well...
Posted By: Susan Alison Re: The 'what if' question - 05/20/09 04:50 PM
Oddly enough I was passing a charity shop today and they had a dress in the window - the colour combinations in the material were really striking. When I got home I used the same (roughly) combination for a painting I was doing - a scarf for a dog actually - and it came out really well.

Ideas are everywhere.
Posted By: Ramsey1 Re: The 'what if' question - 06/02/09 06:50 AM
I agree. I carry a notebook so I don't forget things because I nearly always have good ideas at inconvenient times like when I'm shopping or at the dentist.
Posted By: Susan Alison Re: The 'what if' question - 06/07/09 07:01 PM
Trouble is, I always end up with loads of bits of paper with jotted ideas, quick drawings etc on them - they're a mess. And they're everywhere...
© BellaOnline Forums