BellaOnline
Besides writing - my favorite is cooking..........
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What is your favorite creative pastime? - 03/23/08 05:15 PM
Reading, writing letters to far away friends
I don't think I could narrow it down to just one!I started to draw and sew in grade school, I learned to knit at 16 and crochet shortly after. And I never stopped trying new hobbies. I've got the storage full of projects and supplies to prove it, too. lol
Oh, boy! I have a lot of favorite crafts and hobbies. I guess my favorite is researching and writing - but, that could now be considered my career, I guess. Dollmaking, doll clothes and beading them for my Native American dolls is my next favorite passion. I also crochet, embroider and make quilts. I love the log cabin designs and the crazy quilt patterns. Another favorite pastime of mine is browsing and posting in the BellaOnline forums.
Stamping, writing.
I have a ton of interests. But focusing on weaving, kayaking, writing, and of course, travel for now

BillieCat- I love the quote at the end of your email, it's so true-I'm a cat lover!!!
Denise:

Cat lovers are lovely people smile
Posted By: joanj Re: What is your favorite creative pastime? - 03/24/08 04:44 PM
Denise, I love weaving too, tho I haven't done it in a while. I like doing beadwork to relax me, altho it seems I spend so much time on the computer now it's hard to find time to do relaxing things.

Guess I should work on that!

Where are you from in Oregon? I am from Southern ORegon but currently living in TX.
Posted By: CF_GAL Re: What is your favorite creative pastime? - 03/26/08 02:42 AM
Writing and reading would be my top two. Long ago when I had lots of extra time on my hands, I really loved designing home plans to scale.
Sketching ideas that come to me during meditation sessions that I can later develop into into paintings.
Posted By: Ms A Re: What is your favorite creative pastime? - 04/11/08 10:10 PM
It tends to go in cycles for me, with occasionally something new joining the mix. Jewelry making, polymer clay, baking, tidying the house (for me, it is so rare, it sort of can fall into that category -- plus, afterwards, I tend to be a bit freer to create), problem solving (yeah, that can be creative, too), writing. Sewing and fabric painting used to be in the mix, but I haven't done either in so long, I don't know if I'll ever feel like going back to them.

Coloring, dot to dot, mazes and paint by number. Also for me walking is creative because I think when I walk and sometimes this gives me good ideas. I also love reading (havent read a book in a while but will start soon) and writing is my only talent but sadly I haven't done it in many years.
© BellaOnline Forums