BellaOnline
Posted By: M o e When are you more creative? - 02/28/08 07:08 PM
Check all that apply!
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: When are you more creative? - 02/28/08 11:45 PM
When I write, it has to be when I first get up in the morning and having the morning coffee.

I can write anytime but I enjoy it more when I first get up.
Posted By: M o e Re: When are you more creative? - 02/29/08 08:18 PM
I find I'm most creative when I'm in the in between stage of waking up and when I'm in the shower. I have a notebook and pen beside my bed and in a drawer in the bathroom for when ideas strike. Otherwise they will be quickly forgotten when I sit down at my desk.
I think creativity can come at any time of the day, even though I am not gifted. For me, it is more about mood. There has to be an element of calmness. Getting in the zone. Music can help. No interference. How rare is that?
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: When are you more creative? - 02/29/08 11:14 PM
Early morning or after supper, early evening are my best creativity times.
Posted By: sean009 Re: When are you more creative? - 03/01/08 08:15 PM
I have never noticed it before but i think after hot shower and taking my first meal of the day, i feel more energetic as compare to whole day.
Posted By: Allison_PCAdvice Re: When are you more creative? - 03/01/08 08:27 PM
Usually when I am right on the verge of sleeping a great idea seems to hit (or in the shower). The creativity always seems to come when I don't have the ability to record my thoughts or ideas.

There has been many a morning that I spend trying to recall the great idea, which always seems to stay at the edges of my mind, I had the night before right before I fell asleep.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: When are you more creative? - 03/01/08 08:42 PM
Allison - I keep a pad of paper by the bed for that very reason, that way you can scribble down the thoughts smile I even have a bed that lights up smile

I do best at night!
Posted By: M.B. Re: When are you more creative? - 03/01/08 09:56 PM
I'm a night owl, and my mind seems to clear a path out of the mundane aspects of life and into creative realms after the world around me has gone to rest. As a writer, I'm most productive after midnight.

I also write quite a bit when I'm sitting alone in a corner booth of a busy cafe, nursing a cup of hazelnut yumminess and people watching. Something about coffee and solitude in a crowd triggers the creative juices.
Posted By: joanj Re: When are you more creative? - 03/04/08 01:41 PM
I have a friend who writes all night and sleeps all day, but then she doesn't have family around to interfere with that schedule and it works for her.

I've always been a morning person but I also find when I go for my daily walks, I tend to solve problems I may be having with creativity. I carry a little notebook so I don't forget or else the thought will nag at me the entire walk.
Posted By: M o e Re: When are you more creative? - 03/04/08 09:18 PM
sounds like Lisa! ha. I am lucky I have that convenience as well. I flip between trying to have "normal" hours and my natural inclination. I find in terms of productivity (as opposed to creativity) I work best from 10pm on to 2 or 4 depending on the momentum.
depends. When I decide to focus. Not good when I am tired. Preferably when I know I have a big time window to relax in.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: When are you more creative? - 03/04/08 09:25 PM
Sometimes, usually if I am outside, something will happen or I see something beautiful, like cloud formations, that inspires me to grab my journal and start writing.
Posted By: M o e Re: When are you more creative? - 03/04/08 09:32 PM
Nature is an incredibly inspiration and it's free! I love going to parks or conservation areas and just listening to the sounds of nature while my mind perks.
Posted By: elle Re: When are you more creative? - 03/05/08 01:33 AM
When I first wake up, and also later on at night, either just before I'm ready to go to bed or just as I drift off. And the shower too! Definitely. I keep a pen and notebook by my bed and usually write my articles in it first thing in the morning before I get up. When I was single I used to put the light on and note down ideas in the middle of the night, but now I don't want to wake hubby, so I've managed to train myself to remember the idea in the morning session. It seems to work well for me. I've had some great ideas that were just as vivid in the morning as when I thought them during the night.
Posted By: Robin Crime Editor Re: When are you more creative? - 03/05/08 01:38 AM
Late at night - or in the middle of the night.

I used to work 3:30 to midnight for years and find that that was the best schedule I could ever be on.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: When are you more creative? - 04/22/15 06:15 PM
Any time of the day.
© BellaOnline Forums