BellaOnline
Posted By: kkgarcia November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/12/09 04:35 PM
Economy is becoming more difficult and friends and family are beginning to suffer in many different ways ~ I have started journaling this November about things and events I am thankful for over the last year One ~ I am thankful for my friend Terri who has stood by me when I needed a friend ~ Remembering those moments help me face today when today is overbearing Does anyone keep a Thanksgiving Journal of any kind? What are you thankful for?
Posted By: Lynn Ann Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/12/09 06:12 PM
I believe I will do this as well. One - I am thankful for a loving God and my ability to express in words
Posted By: IH8FMS Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/15/09 07:12 AM
I am thankful for my writing, but most of all for my husband, The Best Man Ever�!
Posted By: Lynn Ann Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/15/09 06:30 PM
Two-I'm thankful for my friend Paul, who has stood by me during this trying times of supporting my daughter Danielle in her loss.
Posted By: Lynn Ann Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/15/09 06:33 PM
OMG I missed some days Three-I am thankful for my job, no matter how hard it is some days, I love being abble to "escape" and be a normal person away from home. If that is possible. Four-I am thankful for a healthy childhood and the parents who gave it to me. Five-I am thankful for the ability to read and communicate. Hmmmm maybe i got ahead of myself.
Posted By: IH8FMS Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/27/10 02:30 AM
Okay, another Thanksgiving, a year later.

I'm still writing, still grateful to have the chance to do so, and grateful that I am married to a fella who is secure enough with himself to respect my privacy.

I hope everyone here is blessed with joy, and joyfully writing.
Posted By: IH8FMS Thanksgiving Journal Snippet... - 11/28/10 10:10 PM
Well, I knew the four-day weekend would fly by, and it has. Right now I have a turkey in the oven and clothes in the wash, and I am sitting here with ghosties from old Thanksgivings running through my mind. Just like all the junk from the bad old days in my life, thinking about them gives me a weird feeling� the memories that are happy and fun trip, stumble, and ultimately fall down over all the bad and sad ones.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 12/04/10 02:51 AM
I use to keep a diary when I was younger and I am grateful for each day. The joy it brings my way.

Great post!

Originally Posted By: kkgarcia
Economy is becoming more difficult and friends and family are beginning to suffer in many different ways ~ I have started journaling this November about things and events I am thankful for over the last year

One ~ I am thankful for my friend Terri who has stood by me when I needed a friend ~ Remembering those moments help me face today when today is overbearing

Does anyone keep a Thanksgiving Journal of any kind?
What are you thankful for?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/13/11 05:20 PM
A Thanksgiving Journal is a lovely idea. We all have so much to be thankful for, and it's a good idea to remember and count those blessings.
Posted By: IH8FMS Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/13/11 11:28 PM
This Thanksgiving is for sure not gonna be all that great.

My sweetheart's been having some hellacious back pain. The doctor did a pile of tests and there really isn't anything they can do... it is degenerative disc disease. He's even using a cane because he can't even straighten up, and he's in so much pain he can't do his job. They just told him he had to retire. I do not make enough to get us by, and we are losing our insurance. I don't know what we're going to do. And he is feeling awful about it all. I do know how lousy it must feel to him. We talked a bit and he thanked me for not getting all upset and negative and going into the oh-God-what-are-we-gonna-do mode� Well, I am for sure feeling that and then some now and I know I will in the future. I am writing it out in my journal because I have to let it out someplace when that awful panicky feeling gets ahold of me, but I am going to be, I have to be, strong and positive for my Loved One. He is what matters. I told him that I love him and we�ll get by, and he acted so very grateful, and part of me is going, What the @#!* did you think I�d do? Leave? Ain�t nuthin gonna make me do that. We are a team... for better or for worse. It's just that now the for worse is for sure kicking in.

I just looked in my email and there was a promotional whatever from AARP, wanting me to donate money to help "impoverished seniors"... I don't think so� Sorry, I thought, No can do, because that is going to be us, and very soon, too! So I hit my delete button without a qualm.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/14/11 12:22 AM
I like the name of your support group : )

Have you ever heard of the Egoscue Method? It works wonders for back pain that doctors say "there isn't really anything they can do" about.

If your hubby is willing to do the simple ecises he WILL get relief and he can heal his back pain.

Check out my articles to learn more about natural pain relief techniques that work for back pain or any pain. I've used these with clients who have had chronic back, hip, shoulder, neck pain for years and they all work. All back pain can be healed. It's just a matter of doing the work.

The Truth About Back Pain

Natural Pain Relief Techniques

More Natural Pain Relief Techniques
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/15/11 12:19 AM
Dear Doxi -

Definitely do not give up hope. There will always be a solution.

I would definitely look into alternative treatments. I know his doctors gave up on him, but I've heard from SO many people that doctors gave up on and who then found a solution. Don't take it for granted that "pain is eternal" - keep at it.

Check with your local chamber about insurance options. I know my chamber of commerce offered insurance options before Massachusetts went to global health. There are often plans available for people who work from home.

Maybe this is a great opportunity to launch into a new area. Ebooks are selling like hotcakes - can he sit on a bed and write on a laptop? Maybe he can crank out ebooks and make money that way!
Posted By: IH8FMS Re: November Thanksgiving Journal - 11/22/11 07:54 AM
Thank you, Lisa and Monica! He actually is a pretty good writer... the trick would be to find something to write about, you know?
© BellaOnline Forums