BellaOnline

Caffeine stimulates hunger and makes it harder to stick with your food plan. Caffeine speeds up the colon motility and makes the kidneys increase urine production, both of which can make for an unpleasant time out walking. It removes more water from your system than you add by drinking a drink with caffeine in it, so you will get dehydrated faster if drinking caffeine. If you love caffeine, cut back to 1-2 drinks a day and avoid it before walks where there are no restrooms.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Caffeine - 09/13/10 11:15 PM
fishNow I know why I am HUNGRY 24 hours, 7 days a week (lol).
Posted By: WalkingGranny Re: Caffeine - 09/14/10 05:33 AM
had no idea my beloved could be that cruel to me. Just for the record I'm fighting a UTI right now. Looked it up and discovered caffine should be avoided while I'm trying to get rid of it. Down the drain with my coffee today and out with the water.
Posted By: flower70 Re: Caffeine - 09/14/10 12:02 PM
Makes sense to me why i�m hungry, i guess if that is really true. They have proven that coffee isn�t as bad for you as they thought it was, there are also some benifits from drinking coffee. I just can�t remember what they are.
Posted By: Maureen-Twisted artist Re: Caffeine - 09/14/10 12:39 PM

This is what confuses me about it-

Isn't there a huge amount of caffeine in diet pills? wall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so glad you posted this because I am getting the Lap Band at the end of the year and I was told I needed to get off the caffeine before the surgery. smile

Thanks for clearing it up and making it known!!
Posted By: Ninjahedgewych Re: Caffeine - 09/16/10 11:17 AM
There's also a lot of caffeine in many over the counter medications as it helps the pharmacticals get into the bloodstream quicker.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Caffeine - 11/27/10 02:57 AM
The caffeine is what keeps you moving while you are starving (lol).

I finally figured this one out when I used to take diet pills in my 20's - was it Dexatrim or something like that.

Was not hungry but so full of energy - now I know why.
© BellaOnline Forums