BellaOnline
Posted By: ElizabethB Walking Senior Walking - 08/29/12 11:30 AM
See this article
Senior Walking if you are in a senior age group and would like to start walking
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Senior Walking - 09/02/12 10:41 AM
Hi Elizabeth:

Thanks for the article - very informational!

I know from my own personal life that folks seem to age better with walking. My grandmother back in Jamaica, West Indies died right before her 104th birthday. She had a very active life - an example for us all.

Hugs,
Posted By: Sam friend Re: Senior Walking - 09/05/12 09:22 AM
I have Grand Father , Go to Daily Walk But Not used A good set of Shoes . I suggested many Times . "The only thing you need to start walking is a good pair of walking shoes which will provide adequate support for you feet" That's True and is Only Reason I ask for . Thanks for share .
Posted By: SusanC Re: Senior Walking - 09/12/12 10:27 PM
I am 64 and I get into walking from time to time. I'm finding it hard to get around these days. Do you think if I build myself up to walking that I will find it easy to get around again? I'm not expecting to be a teen again but just would like to go out and do things that I'm not able to do much any more. :) SusanC
Posted By: Angie Re: Senior Walking - 01/06/13 06:48 PM

I've been a tad more sedentary this past year than ever before. I need to start walking again. I did so today with a ten minute walk to get myself started again. Now, I just need to keep it up and increase the distance.
Posted By: Angie Re: Senior Walking - 01/07/13 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Angie

Now, I just need to keep it up and increase the distance.

frown I didn't get out to walk today but I did run up and down two flights of stairs several times. It is time to put the Christmas decorations away.
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Senior Walking - 01/09/13 04:50 AM
Thanks Amoeba for your good tips, think it would be of some help for my grandparents as well. I would follow it anyway! :)
Posted By: djesse Re: Senior Walking - 02/14/13 09:33 AM
Thanks for the tips. Now I will always motivate my grandparents including my parents to do walking, as we all know, we can do walking as long as we can still move and most of us can do it without any restrictions.
© BellaOnline Forums