BellaOnline
Posted By: ElizabethB Walking Walking in Pregnancy - 03/19/11 04:25 PM
Should pregnant women continue to walk during pregnancy or use this time to rest and take things easy. What do you think?
www.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php.ubb/newpost/Board/215
Posted By: ElizabethB Walking Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 03/19/11 04:27 PM
I walked a lot during my five pregnancies and I found it made things easier for me at the end.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 03/23/11 05:35 PM
Welcome Elizabeth as the NEW Walking Editor. I use to be the editor, but due to a very "hectic" life had to resign but continue to visit when I can.

Love your question and I see you have started to play the "Walking Word Association Game" with Rosie and Beetle - those are OUR star game players smile

Yes, I walked during my 1 pregnancy (wow, you had 5!!!!) and it really helped mentally with my worry about having a healthy baby and also during labor. Nothing like having that area fit and ready smile

Oh, love your bio - I know you will be an AWESOME addition to the Walking Site smile
Posted By: ElizabethB Walking Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 03/23/11 09:30 PM
Thanks Angela Not sure I can keep up your high standards but I will try.i walked a lot too during my pregnancy and I had quick labours - too quick once!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 03/24/11 01:16 PM
Hi Elizabeth:

You will do just fine smile
Posted By: JJLin Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 04/02/11 08:05 AM
Walkin even you are pregnant, that's not important, the most important is that you should do something to be healthy
Posted By: Linda19 Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 04/02/11 11:29 AM
The link takes us to the BellaOnline page but I finally found you, I had no idea we had a Walking site. I for one will be signing up to your newsletter because I love walking. I have four dogs that need walking daily.

I walked everywhere when I was pregnant, I also made my children walk at a very early age, I had my pushchair stolen and refused to buy another one. My youngest son was walking at 10 months.

Great site and welcome Elizabeth, look forward to more interesting articles.

Linda
Posted By: ElizabethB Walking Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 04/05/11 07:41 AM
Looking forward to hearing from you too Linda.Wonderful to get your children into walking early.We in Ireland are beginning to have a problem as our children are not exercising enough and consequently are becoming obese.
Posted By: ElizabethB Walking Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 04/05/11 07:43 AM
You're absolutely right, walking every day even if only a short distance has lots of health benefits. It gives us a great feeling of well being.
Posted By: eranga Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 10/25/11 11:04 AM
If you're pregnant, doctors recommend exercising so that your body will withstand the rigors of labor and delivery more easily. Walking during pregnancy is a great way to feel good and become more fit.
Posted By: John Parker Re: Walking in Pregnancy - 01/30/12 12:16 PM
Walking in pregnancy is good but slowly and with utmost care. Proper footwear should be worn
© BellaOnline Forums