BellaOnline
Posted By: Pedro Jose Fernandez Lateral Thinking - 05/12/11 02:50 PM
Riddles that need to read more than the words... A graduate applying for pilot training with a major airline was asked what he would do if, after a long-haul flight to Sidney, he met the captain wearing a dress in the hotel bar. What would you do?
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/12/11 03:22 PM
I guess that depends what kind of dress you're talking about. If he looked like a cross dresser than I would ask him where the drag show is and can I come along. If it was more of a tribal thing then I would chat with him about his background. If he looked like RuPaul then I would just ask him for makeup tips wink
Posted By: Pedro Jose Fernandez Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/13/11 07:59 AM
Very interesting answer! You are very creative EE!. But remember, this are Lateral Thinking Puzzles... the point is... Why do you assume the captain is a male? ;-) Next one (remember Lateral Thinking!): A window cleaner is cleaning the windows on the 25th floor of a skyscraper, when he slips and falls. He is not wearing a safety harness and nothing slows his fall, yet he suffered no injuries. Explain.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/16/11 03:17 AM
Beetle & Phyllis - where are you?????

I am dying to see if you guys have the answer. Hopefully Pedro waits before he gives out the answer...
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/17/11 05:47 PM
In the first... The pilot is female! I'd ask for a date on the town...

In the window washer situation... It was a 25-story building, but the washer was only working on the ground floor when he slipped & fell.
Posted By: Pedro Jose Fernandez Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/18/11 03:28 PM
Beetle, both your answers are good!. The second can be a valid answer, but the usually explanation is that he was cleaning the inside of the windows... Next Lateral Thinking Puzzle: A cowboy rode into town on Friday, spent one night there, and left on Friday. How do you account for this?
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/19/11 01:50 AM
I am thinking the cowboy's horse is named Friday.
Posted By: Elleise - Clairvoyance Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/19/11 01:58 AM
If a window washer is cleaning the windows of a 25th floor building, isn't wearing a harness and suffers no injuries when they fall, then I would gather the window washer is cleaning the windows from the inside.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Lateral Thinking - 05/19/11 02:00 AM
I do these with my kids at school. They can ask me questions that can be answered with a "yes" or a "no." That's how they get their hints. They work together to figure them out. I NEVER, EVER give an answer. If you give them an answer one time, they'll never work as hard for the answer again. They'll always hope to be given the answer.

These are great to develop and promote higher level thinking!
Posted By: John_gms Re: Lateral Thinking - 07/12/11 09:51 AM
Well the man supposedly was buying hmmmmmmm can't think of anything whose price lessens with quantity!
Posted By: John_gms Re: Lateral Thinking - 07/12/11 09:52 AM
Well I need help with UBB code because I truly wanna share my Brainteaser link here!
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Lateral Thinking - 09/20/11 04:48 AM
Hey!I knew the answer to the window washer situation. But unfortunately it's already been answered!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Lateral Thinking - 01/28/21 07:14 PM
I love these kinds of puzzles. It's interesting that even in this day and age people assume the pilot is a male :).
Posted By: Angie Re: Lateral Thinking - 01/29/21 02:44 PM
I don't assume that a pilot or chairman is male.
© BellaOnline Forums