BellaOnline
Posted By: JennyHuffman Help! What tool should I buy? - 07/01/12 08:38 PM
I've discovered jewelry making and am a bit addicted! I have some plastic beads and buttons that I would like to make into earrings, however, I need to drill new holes in them. Looking at all the commercial sites, I [i]think[/i] I need to buy a reamer...but will a manual be good enough or do I need an electronic one? And how do I do it? Some sites talk about lubrication or submerging in water, but I'm confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jenny
Posted By: CraftWeaver Re: Help! What tool should I buy? - 07/24/12 06:01 PM
You could also use... * A Dremel tool set * A Dremel Rotary Work Station * A Vice Grip with non-metallic grips Check Amazon.
Posted By: DeMarieBeads Re: Help! What tool should I buy? - 12/17/12 06:03 PM
Hi Jennie - since you are going to only be working with plastic you should probably be fine using a handheld tool that will help you ream out the holes. If you are going to get a Dremel set - then be careful, because the heat generated by the Dremel could melt your plastic. Go to youtube and type in using dremel to make holes in plastic - there are a ton of videos you can watch that will show you exactly what and how to do what you want to do. :)
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: Help! What tool should I buy? - 05/30/13 04:17 AM
You can use a dremel or a regular drill, you need to have a clamp to hold it, too. some clamps have rubber on the grabbing surfaces, or you could cover the surface with electrical tape.
© BellaOnline Forums