BellaOnline
Posted By: theraven Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/05/12 04:05 PM
A difficult choice for me but moussaka served alongside a Greek salad is one of my favourites. What is yours?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/05/12 10:07 PM
I agree that moussaka and Greek salad (with all those yummy olives and pepperocini) are delicious!

I also love avgolemono, that Greek egg-lemon and rice soup! Mmmm. Spanikopita is good, too. And who can resist baklava!

My knowledge of Greek cuisine is quite limited, however. Do you have any Greek fish recipes? Surely the Greek eat a lot of fish considering its locale.
Posted By: theraven Re: Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/06/12 01:09 PM
Hey Lori, thanks for posting. I love Spanikopita too and Baklava and Avgolemono are both great as well smile

I will be posting a few fish receipes, including one for grilled swordfish. Have you ever tried this before? It is wonderful and very tasty.

Fish is eaten a lot in Greece and one of the best dishes I came across was a seafood platter which had so many different varieties of fresh fish such as squid, mussels and prawns. The menu said it was for 2 to share but ended up feeding 4 of us.

Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/06/12 04:06 PM
Is that the feast of the seven fishes dish?
Posted By: theraven Re: Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/08/12 11:25 PM
Hey Lori, I hope you are well smile No, this was different. Basically we were treated to a massive seafood platter and the taverna we went to did the same with various appetisers and pasta dishes. Nobody ever went hungry.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/09/12 12:03 AM
Oh, the feast of the seven dishes is a meal with seven different dishes comprised of seafood--not all in one dish. Sorry for the confusion!

I would love to go to Greece to dine al fresco in Santorini. smile
Posted By: theraven Re: Do you have a favourite Greek dish? - 11/14/12 07:47 AM
I agree with you Lori, that would be great. Not been to Santorini yet but would love to go smile
© BellaOnline Forums