BellaOnline
I decided to try and make homemade hummus for the first time. Good news, it went well and tasted great.

Hummus and Pita Bread

If you want to try and make your own hummus, the recipe is online now.

Homemade Hummus Recipe
I have made my own hummus now for a while. But I do have a question: Is there a difference between Greek, Lebanese and Persian hummus recipes?

I have tasted differences but can't tell what they are!
Hey Lori, I definitely prefer making the hummus and will do so from now on smile

Thanks for the question. From what I have come across, it seems that Greek, Lebanese and Persian hummus tend to be the same but the differences in taste you mention may be down to the ingredients that have been put into the mixture.

I hope that helps.
I anxiously await your recipe, Clare!

Thanks, Lori. It won't be too long, will let you know once the recipe is online smile
Hey Lori. I am pleased to say my homemade hummus article is now online smile Enjoy.

Homemade Hummus Recipe
MMMMMM! This looks scrumptious, Clare! And it is basically the same recipe as I use, except I add some olive oil and more fresh lemon juice. That's probably a matter of taste. I also drizzle the top with some olive oil and a scattering of minced fresh parsley, for a garnish.

Such a healthy treat! Thanks for your nice article. smile

Another way to use hummus--as a sandwich spread! Panera Bread makes a lovely Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwich on Tomato Bread. It's spread with hummus, topped with roasted eggplant, red onions, zucchini, tomatoes and fresh cucumbers. Divine!
Thanks for the kind words, Lori. I love your suggestion, sounds very tasty and am definitely going to give that a go smile I have never tried using hummus as a sandwich spread before.
© BellaOnline Forums