BellaOnline
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Eclipse - 02/21/08 01:50 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted everyone to know there's a total lunar eclipse occurring right now. I just love these things!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 01:58 AM
Yes I adore eclipses!!

One hour until eclipse time!
Posted By: Cookiecody Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 02:13 AM
I'm watching it from Dallas, TX right now. It's about halfway obscured.

Cindy
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 02:17 AM
Same here. I still remember the first one I saw when I was a child. The moon turned red and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I had no idea that eclipses used to scare people!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 03:02 AM
Eclipse!! 10pm EST! Now!! Get up and go look!! smile smile smile
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 03:09 AM
I'm watching! It's awesome where I am. Nice ruddy red.

Just FYI, there are two "stars" forming a triangle with the moon. The bright one actually is a star, Regulus. The other is the planet Saturn.

I'm such a geek. grin
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 05:14 AM
Okay... so it's pouring rain here! Not a spot of moonlight to be seen... yup! Not a spot!

You all just enjoy that eclipse... I'm going to go walk the dog. In the rain.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 05:32 AM
Here you go Deanna, from my boyfriend's camera:

11:32pm EST

11:34pm EST

11:35pm EST
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 05:38 AM
Here's what it looked like back at 10:36pm EST. unfortunately Bob wasn't home yet so I did my best with his camera but I didn't have it set up well enough for those high resolution images above.

Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 03:04 PM
Lisa, what GREAT pictures! All of them! I did try one more time to go peek... but no luck... all clouds and rain rain rain LOL.

Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 11:18 PM
Wow! I love those pictures of the red-orange moon! I tried taking one with my phone camera. It's pretty hilarious--an orange dot in a black background. LOL.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 11:26 PM
Yes it looked really neat! I was very frustrated, I used to be good with cameras but Bob's is very high end and I couldn't figure out how to get it to focus properly. I had to drag out the tripod and do my best to even get that shot. Then he gets home and ZIP ZIP it's taking pictures of moon creatures smile
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 11:55 PM
Wow - I wish I had seen it. I was at a basketball game watching my grandson play. Someday I want to get a really good camera for things like this. Any suggestions on which would be the best for taking shots of the moon, etc.?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eclipse - 02/21/08 11:59 PM
That is probably a great question for the photography forum!
© BellaOnline Forums